Boogie down in D-Town!

• Replies 333
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As we prepare for the other half of the corps to take the field tonight, I have a question for those who were there.

In Houston, there was an obnoxious shadow that fell on the field for the corps that came on before sunset. You can see it on the VOD's. I don't know how it was in person, but it made it harder to watch these corps.

Was there a similar problem in Dallas?

As we prepare for the other half of the corps to take the field tonight, I have a question for those who were there.

In Houston, there was an obnoxious shadow that fell on the field for the corps that came on before sunset. You can see it on the VOD's. I don't know how it was in person, but it made it harder to watch these corps.

No shadow that I was aware of.......I was really impressed with how well the stadium made all corps sound!

Not that I recall. It was partly cloudy by the time the show started.

Lake Highlands Stadium is oriented almost north-south, with the press box side on the west, and the stadium is not nearly as tall as it looks like Houston's is. So I think "sun in the eyes" would likely be more of a problem than "obnoxious shadows", if there were any problems at all.

anybody- when's the last time the bluecoats were this close to SCV this year (after the first show of course)?

Seems like it's been getting closer and closer...

actually- found my answer- thanks BK's website! Margin of victory on the far right

6/24/2009 Glendale, AZ 74.600 76.300 Santa Clara Vanguard 1.700

6/26/2009 Clovis, CA 76.000 77.400 Santa Clara Vanguard 1.400

6/27/2009 Stanford, CA 76.200 78.400 Santa Clara Vanguard 2.200

6/28/2009 Stockton, CA 77.450 79.750 Santa Clara Vanguard 2.300

7/8/2009 Ogden, UT 83.100 84.900 Santa Clara Vanguard 1.800

7/11/2009 Denver, CO 84.000 85.500 Santa Clara Vanguard 1.500

7/16/2009 Dallas, TX 85.450 86.350 Santa Clara Vanguard 0.900

I'm not expert on anything- but that is 4 CONSECUTIVE head-to-head scores where the gap has gotten smaller... would someone like to argue that this is not a significant finding?

Edited by nero14

Not that I recall. It was partly cloudy by the time the show started.

Lake Highlands Stadium is oriented almost north-south, with the press box side on the west, and the stadium is not nearly as tall as it looks like Houston's is. So I think "sun in the eyes" would likely be more of a problem than "obnoxious shadows", if there were any problems at all.

Thank you.

This may be more than about it being "obnoxious". "Visual ensemble" is judged from the stands from an audience POV. If the VOD's are true to the audience experience, what they saw is corps marching in and out of shadows and those shadows sometimes hiding what was being communicated.

Merged Dallas show discussion here.

Thanks Danielle! Was starting to stress over where to be..lol :spitting:

Merged Dallas show discussion here.

Thanks, I hope it's another great show for all the corps! TOMORROW IS GOING TO ROCK!!!!