Habanero Hot In Houston

• Replies 542
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's a story about that on "Crossmen Chronicles"

July 4th..."Tonight we have the food truck rodeo after the Wakefield Parade. Boston, Cadets, Carolina Crown and Crossmen prepare food for 800 and share our respective specialties. Boston had roast beef, Cadets prepared burgers and dogs, Crown had their famous pulled pork BBQ and Crossmen had Laura’s famous New Orleans red beans and rice. Everyone ate till they were stuffed."

Yep, that is it alright! Plenty of great food for everyone to enjoy. Great atmosphere. Wish I could have been there this year.

Oh! Now it makes more sense. Honest I didn't want to annoy anyone ..if there was no Holy Name ..I figure I'd follow Crown ..I live in the south.

That's fair...I would have been a die hard cadets fan all the way had it not been for my band director! Thanks Mr. T!

They look like the Freakin' Jolly Green Giant or Peter Pan, not munchkins or flying monkeys. That's all I'm sayin'...

I still like it.

Going with Emerald Green would have cleared things up ..in the show at Annapolis a plume fell off ..I'm sure I saw it move.

Remember how EVERYTHING in the emerald city is green -- it was very, very odd and reinforced the strangeness of the place. i was certainly very skeptical when i first saw plumes+cords up close and the first time i saw them at distance it all worked for me. otoh i still think the guard gets lost at certain points of show with all the green. IMHO they need something added to the costume to make them pop a bit more from the corps proper (and if i knew what id suggest it).

I agree. Crown's guard has stuck out so much in the past few years (in a good way!) that the green does tend to blend in with the field. Jeesh - what an "arm chair guard designer" that sounded like! But seriously, I do feel they sort of blend in a bit too much. Gotta love their work though - very hot!

What other characters are there that are green besides those two?

The Hulk! Big Green! Actually closer to what Crown is using.

They look like the Freakin' Jolly Green Giant or Peter Pan, not munchkins or flying monkeys. That's all I'm sayin'...

I still like it.

I think thats the point, a loose interpretation. Not following the Oz theme to the letter. A fantasy world in general- Peter Pan. Chessmen. Tinkerbell. Princesses. Faeries. One thing I like about the show is noticing new stuff every time I see it.

Ok, here's an honest queston for the Crownies on here. I am in the business of designing and making costumes. Mostly for figure skaters, ice shows, dancers, etc. etc., But I do do theatre groups, and small ensembles also.

Honestly....when you saw the choice of green, and the tinkerbell, peterpan, and "grass strings" did you immediately like it, or did it have to take some explainations so you got it. Really, I honestly want to know. I'm not joking, or being rude. As a business person, I really want to know.....Honest answer, please.