Fort Walton Beach Swim-up Bar

Ok someone please help me understand these visual scores. Blue Stars take 2nd in Ensemble Vis by a healthy margin, take 2nd in Colorguard, TIE for 2nd in the overall Visual caption, but get 4th (barely) in visual performance? I don't get how that makes sense. How can the ensemble and colorguard be nipping at 1st place if the performance is really only up to par with 4th (only a tenth out of 5th)

Cadets got a 'perfect' visual performance score in 1998 but did not win visual ensemble (or guard). Apparently they individually marched like nobody else, but from up top someone else clicked better. Looks like just the opposite for BS last night.

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

West Side Story?? Kansas??? Bostons entire show (i dont know the names of the pieces, but most are uber-popular). What kind of recognizable music did you have in mind, mary had a little lamb?? :tongue:

Well, he did say he does not care for Corps that do " themes, use props, " etc, so since Drum Corps have been using " themes, and props " since the earlly 70's at least, he apparently pines for the Drum Corps days of the 60's where " themes and props " were not used.

Cadets show 2009 could not be any more different than (say ) 2006-2007.

But he sees and hears what he sees and hears. It's just that he is seeing little differences from Corps to Corps and from year to year, where many of us see lots of differences ( some good, some bad ) but differences nonetheless among the Corps and among the years. Forget the quality of performance for a moment, but If he can't see ( for instance ) the stark difference in the approach to Drum Corps between the Carolina Crown and the Boston Crusaders in terms of guard, marching member body movements during the course of the show, stylistic approach, the visuals, uniforms, the entire vibe that is created and so forth, then he is missing what others are clearly seeing in the two approaches.... both done well, one a little better than the other right now, but ENTIRELY different. And neither of these two Corps shows resemble their last year's show in the least either.

Edited by BRASSO

Still not buying Cadets being 4-pointed by Blue Devils. I know that we gotta wait until everyone meets up, but I feel worried judging might have already written them (and Crown) off of even placing top 3 just by the huge gap in scores.

I hear you on that one. Now the adjudicators have no choice but to idle BD and Cavies at the scores they're at until eveyone comes together in Texas. You'll see BD sitting on that 89 for a couple of days. Otherwise we'll be seeing Crown and Cadets making huge point jumps in the next couple of days.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

I hear you on that one. Now the adjudicators have no choice but to idle BD and Cavies at the scores they're at until eveyone comes together in Texas. You'll see BD sitting on that 89 for a couple of days. Otherwise we'll be seeing Crown and Cadets making huge point jumps in the next couple of days.

Irving

Fan of the Arts

Not bloody likely! :tongue: BD will continue their meteoric rise followed at a distance by Cavies causing DCI to ADD 10 more points on at finals to accommodate their final score of 105.125! :ph34r:

If you guys continue this intense discussion about "adjudicator control" :ph34r: , we're gonna call for an intervention!

BD fans are going to be in for a real dissapointment when everyone is at the same show. That 4 point gap will melt like ice in the desert.

I'm thinking you and xtripleplayer77 need a cold shower.....and fast! :tongue:

Hmmmm.. No need for a cold shower here... :ph34r:

I know this was mentioned before, maybe not in this thread..I am not a guy. xtripleplayer=ex triple tenor for Garfield = not always automatcally a male.

Anyway...

I am not commenting on the person wearing the uniform, but the uniform itself. Im am just taken aback by designers that don't take the entire guard into consideration when developing the look for them. Guys in white...without proper "foundation", or girls for that matter. I am quite critical of guard uniforms, and skating dresses, and many other performance garments, as this is what I do for a living. My intention is not to ever criticize the member...for they really have no choice.

You don't need a four point gap to win. .025 works just fine.

Yes. And you can also get beat all the way up until finals. It's the last show that people talk about.

I suspect you are correct.

I simply don't understand Phantom's struggles with visuals for the last...what is it, ten years? Fifteen? Last time I liked a PR drill was 1993, I think. Although I think the 2006 drill was pretty involved too....I apreciated all the symbolism in it.

it's the curse of Brazale.

Haha...well, I did my best for you. Not too many shots of the men in the guard in that album.

thank goodness there weren't many. spandex is hideous on people, even those in the greatest of shape.