Fort Walton Beach Swim-up Bar

If you dont understand or get it... then

maybe you ARE wearing a green shirt..

Not to worry tho... Finis Coronot Opus...

Edited by AmmerMP

• Replies 423
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you dont understand or get it... then

maybe you ARE wearing a green shirt..

Not to worry tho... Finis Coronot Opus...

nioe its grey or gray

Still not buying Cadets being 4-pointed by Blue Devils. I know that we gotta wait until everyone meets up, but I feel worried judging might have already written them (and Crown) off of even placing top 3 just by the huge gap in scores.

I'm not worried at all. They all haven't been in the same show yet. I am willing to bet that the scores will be a lot closer when they meet in San Antonio.

I was most surprised and excited by Boston's show. Really fun to watch, and like the guard uniforms, the music really keeps your interest. It felt like an old school "in your face" type of drum corps show. PR better watch them.

The music didn't keep MY interest and nothing on the field from any of the "Bands" had an old school feel to it, except for maybe a few moments in the Cadets WSS show and when Spirit popped out the intro to "Georgia on my mind" in the encore. Too bad Crown didn't perform because they were the main reason I attended the show.

Overall, it was just the SOS we have been seeing for many years now. I'm just not into Themes, Props, Unrecognizable music and all the other BS. I don't really care for what the "Activity" has evolved into, but still enjoy going to one or two shows a year.

I AM thankful to Choctawhatchee HS for gettting this show in here. (Let's get Cavies and Devils in here next year).........

The music didn't keep MY interest and nothing on the field from any of the "Bands" had an old school feel to it, except for maybe a few moments in the Cadets WSS show and when Spirit popped out the intro to "Georgia on my mind" in the encore. Too bad Crown didn't perform because they were the main reason I attended the show.

Overall, it was just the SOS we have been seeing for many years now. I'm just not into Themes, Props, Unrecognizable music and all the other BS. I don't really care for what the "Activity" has evolved into, but still enjoy going to one or two shows a year.

I AM thankful to Choctawhatchee HS for gettting this show in here. (Let's get Cavies and Devils in here next year).........

West Side Story?? Kansas??? Bostons entire show (i dont know the names of the pieces, but most are uber-popular). What kind of recognizable music did you have in mind, mary had a little lamb?? :tongue:

Ok someone please help me understand these visual scores. Blue Stars take 2nd in Ensemble Vis by a healthy margin, take 2nd in Colorguard, TIE for 2nd in the overall Visual caption, but get 4th (barely) in visual performance? I don't get how that makes sense. How can the ensemble and colorguard be nipping at 1st place if the performance is really only up to par with 4th (only a tenth out of 5th)

I think we are seeing some cracks in the phantom visual program because it reflects the loss of Jamey Thompson and Adam Sage.

I suspect you are correct.

I simply don't understand Phantom's struggles with visuals for the last...what is it, ten years? Fifteen? Last time I liked a PR drill was 1993, I think. Although I think the 2006 drill was pretty involved too....I apreciated all the symbolism in it.

Ok someone please help me understand these visual scores. Blue Stars take 2nd in Ensemble Vis by a healthy margin, take 2nd in Colorguard, TIE for 2nd in the overall Visual caption, but get 4th (barely) in visual performance? I don't get how that makes sense. How can the ensemble and colorguard be nipping at 1st place if the performance is really only up to par with 4th (only a tenth out of 5th)

looked good from up high but not from down low?