"Sterile" shows of 2009

Cavies is the only one live that I never got into.

BD isn't reaching me either, but it's in front of a computer screen, so I dunno.

Cadets, SCV, and Bloo all interest me though, even though I haven't seen them live yet.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to believe no one mentioned Glassmen. That show is flat!

You must have seen the show before the ballad change... The updated version is far from sterile.

Saw them in Houston. The ballad and everything after it is ok (not great) but the first half of the show is so blah.

Hard to believe no one mentioned Glassmen. That show is flat!

or maybe you are the only one that thinks that.

it seems like the shows that are really connecting visually arent musically and vice versa for all but a few

That seems like a pretty spot-on assessment to me. I'm only watching shows via Fan Network, so it's already hard to get emotional about any of the shows.

I'm thinking it's more "early season" stuff, and the corps are still not 100% comfortable/confident with their shows yet. I think we have at least another week before the corps settle into their shows and start 'bringing it.'

or maybe you are the only one that thinks that.

Yeah, I was the only one sitting in that stadium Thursday night not standing up at the end of their show. :blink:

Reality is your friend. You homers are funny.

So I've been watching the Houston performances and WOW...is it just me, or is anyone else not feeling much emotionally from BD's or the Cavaliers' shows? Sure, they are clean and perform what they have very well...but where's the excitement? BD sits on chairs for what seems like a quarter of the show, and spells out "1930" like we didn't get it the first 19 times (exaggerating of course), and the Cavaliers have their pretty cool drill (almost always like it), but the music just sits their for me. I really don't want a champion that can't even raise one goosebump on my body.

I am not a hater of these corps...just not liking where potential championship performances are going this year.

I've seen everyone's shows this summer except for Bluecoats and Jersey Surf and I have to say my biggest goosebump moments came from both the Blue Devils and Cavaliers' shows. BDs hornline had me the most giddy of anyone else's performance. Also, The Cavaliers chord right after the ballad was simply amazing!!!

Funny, I was saying the same thing about BD's show. I just wasn't getting into it at all and couldn't see why they were placing so high...

Until I saw them live last night. My attitude about their show has done a complete turn around. I was blown away from the first note to the last.

And the goes for almost every corps I saw. I was there both nights and out of all those corps there were only a few I might... MIGHT... think about grabbing a hot dog . This is the first time that I can recall that I can truly say I enjoyed ALL the shows I saw.

My suggestion... if you haven't seen anyone live, take what you watch on your screen with a HUGE grain of salt. It pales in comparison to what you'd see/hear live.

Funny, I was saying the same thing about BD's show. I just wasn't getting into it at all and couldn't see why they were placing so high...

Until I saw them live last night. My attitude about their show has done a complete turn around. I was blown away from the first note to the last.

That seems to be happening a lot.

I wish I could see a live show in person this year, but the webcasts are the best I've got.

Well then that's your problem Lance :blink:

Well, the webcast is definitely better than nothing. Just remember it doesn't do some of these shows justice.

For what it's worth, after seeing them all live (except for Surf), here's how I have them in order of the shows I love to the shows I just like:

01. SCV

02. Crown

03. Blue Stars

04. Blue Devils

05. HNC

06. Troopers

07. Bluecoats

08. Cavaliers

09. Phantom

10. Boston

11. Colts

12. Blue Knights