Holes?

Hi all,

I've been watching the Houston shows and I can't believe how many corps still have holes at this late stage in the game (as DCI is August 8th). I'm wondering if it's mostly due to injuries or if they are still in need of members.

Some shows just look extra dirty right now because of the holes - and you know it must be affecting scores!

Later,

Mike

Hi all,

I've been watching the Houston shows and I can't believe how many corps still have holes at this late stage in the game (as DCI is August 8th). I'm wondering if it's mostly due to injuries or if they are still in need of members.

Some shows just look extra dirty right now because of the holes - and you know it must be affecting scores!

Later,

Mike

Which corps still have holes?

A lot of the corps over the 2 nights had them. I can't remember them all but I know the Scouts and Academy had some.

From what I remember:

Troopers

Crossmen

Madison

Cavaliers

Cadets

Crown

Phantom

Spirit

And those are just off the top of my head!

Later,

Mike

Hi all,

Later,

Mike

Some believe that holes have no bearing on the judges scores. I used to think that ( say ) 12 holes in line would hurt your performance scores, particularly in the Visual captions. However, I've seen this year where it's entirely possible for a Corps scores to go up by having 12 holes. So I'm not as confident any longer that holes affect one's score in a negative manner. The research data this year ( ie, the judges scores from show to show ) in fact does not support the contention that holes negatively affect a Corps score.

Some believe that holes have no bearing on the judges scores. I used to think that ( say ) 12 holes in line would hurt your performance scores, particularly in the Visual captions. However, I've seen this year where it's entirely possible for a Corps scores to go up by having 12 holes. So I'm not as confident any longer that holes affect one's score in a negative manner. The research data this year ( ie, the judges scores from show to show ) in fact does not support the contention that holes negatively affect a Corps score.

I don't know - look at Troopers and Crossmen - you can't tell me that the visual judge isn't being affected by those holes - to me, they are two of the biggest examples of how holes can hurt you visually - some parts of their respective shows are just hard to read right now.

Later,

Mike

From what I remember:

Troopers

Crossmen

Madison

Cavaliers

Cadets

Crown

Phantom

Spirit

And those are just off the top of my head!

Later,

Mike

glassmens video shows one

I remember noticing that every corps in Denver (I was watching the webcast) had holes in the horn line

as for the holes affecting score... well, recently Crown did better with 10+ holes than they did with fewer/none.

I think it really depends if it is a permanent hole,...or a kid is out for a show sick or injured.

Permanent holes would be better fixed, closed, whatever you want to call it, or quickly filled with an alternate.

You will most probably have temporary holes from show to show, and just hope for the well being of the members .