LEWISBURG & MISSION DRUMS

It may be hard to hold on to this attitude......but if you can hold on to it.. that is the correct approach for a WINNER !!

Jerald Speaks large volumes.

The attitude at CV is to improve this season.If that means a jump up in score then so be it,,if it means that we jump ahead of someone in the rankings,,,so be it.

The staff is really gelling and its been a great season.

Now to unpacking,repacking,shave shower,,the other S and maybe get in a little practice. :whistle:

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So somehow you're rubbing it in the faces of the Empire members who are from your hometown but chose to march with Empire instead of your corps?

Do you really have the juice to do that?

Empire didn't steal those kids ... we tip-toed around any of those kids who asked about coming to Rochester...and we completely kept our hands off kids like Sean Bartlett (I DID want to steal him) in fact, I know that most of the grown ups in Empire have been very supportive of what you're trying to do in Erie.

I'm expecting some good natured "in your face" stuff from fans of teams that have actually beaten Empire at some point in the past 26 years. But if I hear that members of the Lake Erie Thunder are hassling kids from Empire who just happen to be from NW PA, then I will show my support for those members.

Edit: I'm not going to be diplomatic. If you guys bust the chops of those kids - I got their back.

Tommy,

Thanks for the complement, missed not seeing you this weekend!

As for my prospective on this whole thing. I personally asked some of the kids from Erie what they were doing this summer, but once they told me that they were marching Statesmen OR Crusaders I left it alone. It is there choice on where they want to march, and I don't agree with hounding members of another drum corps to try to recruit for THAT season. My whole thing was just letting people know in the area that we are trying (And still are) to start a corps in Erie. Even though they are marching, that doesn't mean that they don't have a friend who would like to get started in the activity or doesn't want to travel.

As for all the Cru comments... every single member of the Rochester Crusaders practice AS HARD as every other corps, in the same weather, in the same heat, and on the weekends.

Scores DO NOT reflect the hard work every corps puts in for the true goal, Entertaining the fans! Keep it up Crusaders, we are making strides every week, just keep working as hard!

Can we please just get this thread back on track??????? :whistle::unsure::sad:

For the record the Cabs have been going every weekend since the first week of April. We also have the most contests on our schedule in the DCA. Practice weekends are great but they don’t hold a candle to being in front of a crowd every weekend and getting feed back from the judging community.

The practice of a week off in the middle of the season is something new to the Caballeros. I can tell you I wish we had done it years ago because I have been in some great corps that were just burnt out by the end of the season. The NFL has a by week and we have one weekend off a summer. But you can find us in a contest near you on the 8/1, 8/8, 8/15, 8/22 & 8/29 and maybe we will even compete DCA weekend.

Congrats to the Hurcs & the Bucs we look forward to seeing them MBI, Empire and Bush in Scranton get your tickets now it’s going to be q great show.

Gone Fishing

Al Katz

On the topic of weekends off during the season...... It was 1980 when the Sunrisers took a full weekend off, without any rehearsal (it was on DCI championship weekend).

My brother was Sun's director that year, and his decision to give the corps a weekend off did not go over well with everyone. Remember, this was still in the days when sometimes working hard took precedence over working smart, so to speak... not just for Sun but for many corps.

Some corps members thought we'd lose any edge we had, or whatever, if we had a couple of days off. I remember someone got on my brother about the decision...."we NEED to have rehearsal" or some such thing. His reply? "OK....you go ahead and rehearse. I'll be in Birmingham (for the DCI show)".... LOL!!!

Fran

and maybe we will even compete DCA weekend.

Oh man.... PLEASE don't tell me you guys are thinking about doing that exhibition at the tractor pull that weekend and skipping Rochester.

Fran

Ted Heuman (RIP) told me a story about 78 Sunrisers. He said that on the day of finals, instead of rehearsing, they lined the corps up and marched them into a movie theater and watched Star Wars. Anyone around remember that?

Edited by Mike_B

Tommy,

Thanks for the complement, missed not seeing you this weekend!

As for my prospective on this whole thing. I personally asked some of the kids from Erie what they were doing this summer, but once they told me that they were marching Statesmen OR Crusaders I left it alone. It is there choice on where they want to march, and I don't agree with hounding members of another drum corps to try to recruit for THAT season. My whole thing was just letting people know in the area that we are trying (And still are) to start a corps in Erie. Even though they are marching, that doesn't mean that they don't have a friend who would like to get started in the activity or doesn't want to travel.

As for all the Cru comments... every single member of the Rochester Crusaders practice AS HARD as every other corps, in the same weather, in the same heat, and on the weekends.

Scores DO NOT reflect the hard work every corps puts in for the true goal, Entertaining the fans! Keep it up Crusaders, we are making strides every week, just keep working as hard!

Right On, Sean! :whistle: Game On, C-R-U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!