LEWISBURG & MISSION DRUMS

Ladies and Gentlemen,

All I have to say is this: I am VERY proud of the Rochester Crusaders. Over the past weeks, we have done quite well in brass and percussion.

Yes, we do have a weak section at the moment... Visual/guard. The members in the guard have pushed hard and are doing a great job! They have made consistent improvement from week to week.

Several new members will be put into the drill this week. This should make an impact on the visual portion of our program.

With regards to negative alumni. Why not ask the management if we need some help with recruiting? Why not ask if there is anything you can do to help your drum corps? Why not talk to your friends to help us recruit, raise funds, offer to be on the support staff. Come to a show - cheer your corps on. Do something productive for your drum corps rather than bash it and the management. CALL ME: 917 528 9340 - - I am here to listen to your suggestions or comments. What you are doing now in this thread does not help your drum corps or the activity. Be a Crusader.

The season has just begun.

Congrats to all drum corps. What an exciting year of drum corps!

Looking forward to the coming shows :tongue:

Dave

---------------------------------------------

Business Manager/Public Relations

Crusaders Drum & Bugle Corps

Edited by David Hobart

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well said Dave.. Well said!! :tongue:

Continue pushing forward!

Edited by hurcwave

well this is my first post after waiting for 3 days , thank you dcp.

I am a veteran with the ct hurricane and am very proud of their progress. When i marched we never beat cabs or empire and last week they got em both in the same show.

I am not a chest thumper and believe competition is essential for the sport and that is defiantly what we have this year.

what reading has done for any sport a 4 peat is remarkable and they are headed for a fifth. almost mid season now it can't be a fight for second place these corps could all end up within a point, I'll say.

bucs

hurcs

cabs

empire

minn

and of coarse that hot west coast corps.....renegades

its gonna be a sweet Scranton show and finals is a cant miss this year.

good luck to all.

and of coarse that hot west coast corps.....renegades

its gonna be a sweet Scranton show and finals is a cant miss this year.

good luck to all.

Simple misspelling, subliminal jab, or Freudian slip?

You decide...

(trying to brew a conspiracy here)

Simple misspelling, subliminal jab, or Freudian slip?

You decide...

(trying to brew a conspiracy here)

nah simple misspelling much respect for whomever your referring, and just trying to get some old man out his chair and in the stands.

Its gonna be a hot 1 folks.

none of this is directed at you or the rest of the Empire organization. This is for the "kids" from Erie. Tom calls them kids and now I understand why. The "kids" don't realize that their hometown just spent thousands of dollars, I spent hundreds, to start a drum corps and it was too rinky dink for them to even bother to check out, much less try and build it. Tom, you trivialize it and make me sound petty, but how many years can they throw thousands out there in hopes that the "kids" from Erie will come. I wouldn't. The kicker is that we had a nucleus of really talented experienced marchers, with the local contingent, it would have happened in a big way. It's a shame. Last word, do as you all will.

I personally as calling Erie my new hometown and having marched with Empire for 4 years. This topic needs not be brought up in this forum...if you want to discuss it get your own forum.

I don't feel we should be placing any blame on any person who calls Erie home and decided to march in NYS with cru or statesmen. Its everyones choice. I made the choice to march thunder for the reason that i am unable to march a high caliber statesmen drill anymore due to surgery. Everyone has a right to choose. I am all for helping to recruit for next season I know Sean and i are looking forward to having an erie corps soon for the next generation coming around. People also choose to do statesmen b/c they compete at a much higher level and would have better prepared them for DCI.

All in all i think this topic needs to be dead and let the people who really care about wanting thunder are prepared to help get it going discuss this in private off the forum where it belongs this is just making the Thunder organization look petty and bad! And if you are directing this at the erie "kids" then you are directing at the Statesmen organization because they are a family and if you attack one group you're attacking them all!

p.s. Most of us do realize that there were thousands of dollars spent to get things started, we don't need a guilt trip. I support my husband and any other erie "kid" for doing what they want to do and still marching after thunder folded this year!

GO STATESMEN '09!!!

Edited by ESsop05

i think saying you'll go sumo and wear the diapers is right about that line of "ok, thats enough" :tongue:

It brings a whole new meaning to the saying "Open Sesame!"

You could call your self "Sesame Mucho"

Cru has been counted out before....but they keep showin' up.

Maybe they rename the corps Phoenix...oh wait....that name was already taken (hope it stirred some memories).

Go get 'em, Gary.

(Cru alum '90)

Thanks, Joey!! I would love to see you around some time and LOVE your reference to PHOENIX!! :tongue:

Don't worry!.......It aint over till the Fat guy sings :smile: and I play a baritone way better than I can sing!!!LOL! :tongue:

Although I do remember those vocal training exercises in warm-ups! :smile:

It brings a whole new meaning to the saying "Open Sesame!"

You could call your self "Sesame Mucho"

well, I have to pipe up here.......SOG has been using Canola oil lately along with a touch of Grapeseed for extra flavor! :tongue:

and won championships. awesome.

Yes, those were definitely two good years to be wearing the Orange, Blue and White. :tongue:

Thank you for mentioning Teddy.... he was a great guy, and a big part of our success during those terrific years in the late 1970's. I miss him to this day.

Fran