LEWISBURG & MISSION DRUMS

Ted Heuman (RIP) told me a story about 78 Sunrisers. He said that on the day of finals, instead of rehearsing, they lined the corps up and marched them into a movie theater and watched Star Wars. Anyone around remember that?

Mike,

'78 was Animal House... :doh:

(Star Wars was after the '77 Prelims.... :doh: )

*edit*

OOPS! Must read all of the posts before posting my reply... sorry

(Fran had already replied to this one)

Edited by TennTux

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, those were definitely two good years to be wearing the Orange, Blue and White. :worthy:

:doh: I'd like to second that! :doh:

Thank you for mentioning Teddy.... he was a great guy, and a big part of our success during those terrific years in the late 1970's. I miss him to this day.

Fran

Ditto.... :worthy:

1980 Teddy Heuman (Photo by B&D Meyers)

1980_teddy_heumanBDMeyers.jpg

(direct link)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Sund...manBDMeyers.jpg

Teddy Heuman's Wedding-01 (Photo by Tony White)

TeddyHeumansWedding001.jpg

(direct link)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Sund...sWedding001.jpg

Teddy Heuman's Wedding-02 (Photo by Tony White)

TeddyHeumansWedding002.jpg

(direct link)

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y279/Sund...sWedding002.jpg

Deal ! Frank's not spending all that money on gas this year, being semi-retired and all :doh: !

Actually, having one of those new fangled "hybrid" cars helps alot too! :worthy:

And after this "off" weekend coming up, I am officially 'out of retirement on a part time basis'. I'll be in Scranton, and the rest of the shows this season cleaning that Cabs trumpet line the best I can!!! (maybe even a few Sunday rehearsals too!) And if there is still a trumpet spot???? Well....you just NEVER know!!! :doh: mwahahahahaha

And if there is still a trumpet spot???? Well....you just NEVER know!!! :doh: mwahahahahaha

:doh::worthy: :worthy:

:doh::worthy::doh:

I actually wanna get in on this pool the corps has on just exactly WHEN I will be back in line!!!!! LOL

(Not like it's gonna be fixed or anything.....just sayin....) :worthy:

Actually (someone correct me if I am wrong), I believe the Bucs had 2 straight camp weekends over their time off. If ANYONE expects to take a weekend or two off and not meet to rehearse, there is no way they can expect to catch the Bucs. Did Empire practice on their off weekend?....will the Cabs have camp over the next week?...

We did not rehearse on the July 11-12 weekend, and I believe Cabs are not rehearsing this weekend.

I do believe Bucs have time off coming soon for DCI finals, and not sure if they have any other weekend "off" in their schedule. Can someone confirm or deny this?

IMO giving the corps an entire weekend in the summer to be normal people is something that prevents burn out and helps, not hurts the corps in the long run.

I do believe Bucs have time off coming soon for DCI finals, and not sure if they have any other weekend "off" in their schedule. Can someone confirm or deny this?

IMO giving the corps an entire weekend in the summer to be normal people is something that prevents burn out and helps, not hurts the corps in the long run.

DCI Finals....? :doh: Really.......?

DCI Finals....? :doh: Really.......?

Really ~ many corps do give that weekend off for DCI finals. It's one of the things that has IMO hurt the Kingston show which used to me more of a regional than anything else we had up this way.

Question ~ why should it be so shocking that they would? We're really all in this together and should be more supportive of the other. MANY MANY of who is in DCA today will be going to DCI next year or the year after. If the corps is supportive of their endeavors just maybe they will be much more likely to come back to that DCA corps AND bring people back with them who would never have considered it otherwise. So can someone explain to me how that is a bad thing?

Edited by LegalEagle50

Really ~ many corps do give that weekend off for DCI finals. It's one of the things that has IMO hurt the Kingston show which used to me more of a regional than anything else we had up this way.

Question ~ why should it be so shocking that they would? We're really all in this together and should be more supportive of the other. MANY MANY of who is in DCA today will be going to DCI next year or the year after. If the corps is supportive of their endeavors just maybe they will be much more likely to come back to that DCA corps AND bring people back with them who would never have considered it otherwise. So can someone explain to me how that is a bad thing?

you have really good points. the only bad thing is that it takes away from DCA corps rehearsal time. since they are limited to weekends only that would hurt. other then that you have very good points. it's a trade off but each corps has to make that decision. in my day we had no weekends off and we went from memorial day to DCA. but different times and different people. i get it.