LEWISBURG & MISSION DRUMS

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We had a great bus ride home actually, thanks! :whistle:

Signed,

A Canadian who takes a lot of #### for marching Statesmen.

none of this is directed at you or the rest of the Empire organization. This is for the "kids" from Erie. Tom calls them kids and now I understand why. The "kids" don't realize that their hometown just spent thousands of dollars, I spent hundreds, to start a drum corps and it was too rinky dink for them to even bother to check out, much less try and build it. Tom, you trivialize it and make me sound petty, but how many years can they throw thousands out there in hopes that the "kids" from Erie will come. I wouldn't. The kicker is that we had a nucleus of really talented experienced marchers, with the local contingent, it would have happened in a big way. It's a shame. Last word, do as you all will.

Edited by Mike_B

The "kids" don't realize that their hometown just spent thousands of dollars, I spent hundreds, to start a drum corps and it was too rinky dink for them to even bother to check out, much less try and build it.

Ok?

Just because these members are from Erie, it doesn't mean they should have any obligation to the home town corps, let alone one that is starting up AFTER some of them have already marched seasons with Statesmen.

I understand your frustration because I have been involved with corps that struggled for membership, but at the end of the day you can't fault people for marching where they want to march. Your energy and the thousands of dollars should be focused on the people who DO want to march in Erie, not the van full who don't.

Mike B and Tommy D

...stuck my nose in where it didn't belong.

Sorry.

Tommy.

Thanks for the kind words and as I read this thread, there if there is a reason to bash Crusaders from "alumni" then please do it in PM fashion and I will be happy to respond to negativity NOT!

We are still in the game and look forward to entertaining the people who are supporting us during a tumultuous time! I am PROUD of EVERYONE representing CRU on and off the field and am looking forward to seeing" C-R-U!!!!" this weekend in Jamestown in our 62nd season of competition! :whistle:

Cru has been counted out before....but they keep showin' up.

Maybe they rename the corps Phoenix...oh wait....that name was already taken (hope it stirred some memories).

Go get 'em, Gary.

(Cru alum '90)

Isn't it interesting that there is no carping about the people that decided to do Cru. this season rather than the Erie Corps !

How far does this topic have to go before we've gone TOO far?

How bout' this:

I propose the unlimited use of Sesame Oil in this fight.

(too far?)

i think saying you'll go sumo and wear the diapers is right about that line of "ok, thats enough" :tongue:

none of this is directed at you or the rest of the Empire organization. This is for the "kids" from Erie. Tom calls them kids and now I understand why. The "kids" don't realize that their hometown just spent thousands of dollars, I spent hundreds, to start a drum corps and it was too rinky dink for them to even bother to check out, much less try and build it. Tom, you trivialize it and make me sound petty, but how many years can they throw thousands out there in hopes that the "kids" from Erie will come. I wouldn't. The kicker is that we had a nucleus of really talented experienced marchers, with the local contingent, it would have happened in a big way. It's a shame. Last word, do as you all will.

ok..if the kids didnt know what started in Erie...is that Empire's fault?

no. it's Erie's fault for not getting the word out.

Empire is a world reknown quantity. My mom is not a drum corps fan, but she came to see me march. She knows Empire. She even liked them better than us one year ( we did kinda suck).

so sorry, but you're pointing the finger at Empire means you have 3 and a thumb aiming back at you. it's time to look in the mirror and assign blame, and stop blaming Empire.

Well, what track would you like to get back to?

Wow do I have to point it out????

LEWISBURG AND MISSION DRUMS????????

Guys,You are cluttering up a thread with bad Laundry.At the very least you should start your own thread.Better yet take it to PM"S or even better take it to the streets OLD SCHOOL.I will even call Dog The Bounty Hunter to bail you out if need be.

Edited by camel lips