If You Could Go Back

My first VFW National Championship 1961 Miami , the second, Minneapolis 1962, The Third, Seattle 1963. and the last one Washington DC Legion 1966 (my age out year).

I'd also love to see the 1965 Royal Airs who were one of the greatest drum corps ever.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1983 Garfield-that was SUCH a killer show for its time.

or 81 27th

or 75 Finleyville (regional loyalty!)

or 85 Suncoast

1983 Garfield, 1990 Star (blasphemy, since I was marching Crown at that point in time), and oddly enough, 1989 Crossmen. I was sooo close to auditioning for a mello spot at the "Thunder in the Valley" show in Columbia, SC in'89. Money and my parents' trepidation about it kept me from trying out, that night. How differently things might have gone for me, had I done it...

'76 Blue Devils

'78 SCV

I thank LancerLegend for stating a desire to march the '76 Blue Devil show. I'd like to do that one again too. I still remember much of the book, and would only want to do it on a piston rotor horn. Yep, I'm a dinosaur.

'75 Madison would but lots of fun too, as would '75 Muchachoes. Put me in the place of the over aged dude(s). I was only 17 that summer.

And as a throwback to LancerLegend, the one show I would like to go back to most, would be '94 27th Lancers.

Edit: Just after I posted this, I find a couple more additions for '76 Blue Devils. I thank you all.

Edited by BD2Rings

Crossmen 92, with a backstory.

That happened to be my age out year, but I was onto other things by that time. I could've easily jumped into the Crossmen line or Star of Indiana (had invitations from both, in fact), but chose to focus on school and teaching.

I don't regret it horribly, as my corps experience was fantastic, but seeing that 92 show sort of made me a tad regretful to say the least (no particular opinion about missing out on Star, as good of a corps as they had that year...the X-Men show was something special though and imho the best Crossmen show ever).

• 1 month later...
No question for me, SCV '73 DCI Championship. Everything about that whole season was "Golden", starting with the rehearsals, all the shows, all the way to finals night. A season to remember...

Saw you perform, I was sitting on the back wall of the front stands (Whitewater is like a sunken bowl) because my corps took 20th--I think our drum line made top 12 in prelims though-ha....

That was one of the greatest shows that the SCV organization ever produced, the benchmark for 37 years. Just a class act all the way.