If You Could Go Back

Garfield 86 or 27th Lancers 94

I don't mean any offense here, but as someone who marched one of those shows...Really? If you could march any show at all, Garfield '86 would be in contention?

Your response just surprised me :)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean any offense here, but as someone who marched one of those shows...Really? If you could march any show at all, Garfield '86 would be in contention?

Your response just surprised me :)

Yeah. What she said. I think I can talk for CuriousMe and say we're flattered, but really? That's the drum corps you wanted to march? I don't know if I'D want to march it. That being said, it had its moments. Especially if you were a drummer.

Yeah. What she said. I think I can talk for CuriousMe and say we're flattered, but really? That's the drum corps you wanted to march? I don't know if I'D want to march it. That being said, it had its moments. Especially if you were a drummer.

Exactly, flattered and all that, but it's just surprising. Had some fun mello parts as well, and it was a year I learned A LOT.....but I don't think it would be on my list to revisit if I had to chose just one.

Still thinking about what would be on my list if I could only pick one.....

You know im a little young to be thinking about all these past shows and what not, but... there was no Carolina Crown around :shutup: so I would have to pick 1988 Scouts, they won that year for one, and two I mean the horns they played on back then added that extra feel to their music if you know what I mean. um... yeah I was born in 92 so does my opinion count? :shutup: but im more of a Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Boston Crusaders fan, in that order.

1973 Stockton Commodores

As an 11 year-old getting my first look at nationally competitive corps, this show really captured my imagination as far as what a corps performance could be. These guys rocked, and looked like they were having an amazingly good time.

OK, how about different songs from different shows.

SONGS! What are those? You mean that good muscical stuff that used to be played in the 70's, 80's and 90's. Recognizable songs and musical selections are just about extinct on the field today. When you said something about "Songs" I had to stop, pause for a minute and recall how "Songs" used to be a relavent part of the "Activity.".........

Sorry, no way I could narrow it down to one. For starters:

1984-86 Suncoast

1983, 1985 Garfield

1982, 1984, 1986 BD

I'd march my first year over again (I still do occasionally)... 1970 SCV, in our first midwest show that year. Yikes.

'87 SCV

You know im a little young to be thinking about all these past shows and what not, but... there was no Carolina Crown around :sad: so I would have to pick 1988 Scouts, they won that year for one, and two I mean the horns they played on back then added that extra feel to their music if you know what I mean. um... yeah I was born in 92 so does my opinion count? :whistle: but im more of a Carolina Crown, Cavaliers, Boston Crusaders fan, in that order.

lol you have nothing to worry about...I was born in '93. I think our opinion counts....but anyways I almost agree with your order on favorite corps there, I'm a cavies fan followed by crown :unsure: