Great Surprise & Disappointment

To those who have questioned my "Cadets are Clean" comment.

Perhaps we define "clean" differently. Seems to me some think clean is more like perfect. I think clean is a show devoid of multiple major errors. Were there some transition issues with HNC's show? Yes. But all in all dots were hit and it looked fine. It'll be better by finals, but yes they do look good for San Antonio.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Garfield can, Jeffy. Those kids are marching their behinds off...that's the biggest distinction between BD's and their show. They are playing well enough and the guards are comparable, too...visual is the key. Garfield puts in the time, especially at this time of year...they're the hardest working corps out there and I think that will be the telling factor. That said, BD is awful good and the design is as slick as it gets. I don't buy into "make up" judging, but of course those guys communicate and will get swung if conditions are right...evidence Sparticus.

cg

Charlie:

I told you I was jaded! :whistle: It comes with the territory of seeing (IMO) inferior shows given credit (winning) when again (IMO) there were certainly "better " shows. However, I am not saying BD's show this year isn't good, and /or overrated. So, all you BD homers, keep your flame throwers at bay! :unsure:

JD

Is it me or does Crowns' guard look like Disney cartoon characters?? With all the green it looks like Shrek took a crap on them.

When I first saw a couple of the girls all I could think of was Peter Pan. Overheard a conversation that someone said the costumes were all based on Disney characters.

When I first saw a couple of the girls all I could think of was Peter Pan. Overheard a conversation that someone said the costumes were all based on Disney characters.

Well they may not win the championship this year, but they have a good chance with the Spirit of Disney Award.

(The mountain climbing moment in the closer was a musical disaster last night.)

i disagree with your statement... i saw it live in houston and it sounded just fine to me it was not a musical disaster yeah sure need a little bit more work on tuning but which group this year (other than phantom regiment) is actually in tune right now??

Edited by caviefan2000s

Crown needs narration this year.

This:

I AM ASPARAGUS!

Edited by denverjohn

Good stuff. If they wanted to have some fun with it, they could have the first image be a guy in a pink toga staring off in the distance wistfully, dreaming of wearing something, anything else, when all of a sudden, a cyclone whips him the hell out of wherever he is...

During ensuing sequences, he could be seen wearing a Spin Cycle uni, a fairy princess hat, a bunny suit, big black wings, and finally a Mexican wrestler outfit, before finally being blown back home to his pink toga, knowing that regardless of where you go, some guard designer is gonna make you wear something a little odd....

Now THAT was funny!

EXCUSE ME??!!!! :whistle: Were we watching the same show last night? If you think Cadets were clean then I really want to see what your definition of dirty looks like.

I do agree with you on that one, Tekk. I am honestly more concerned about Cadets when they are clean than some of the others. BD is only ahead of us (and Cadets) by a few tenths in each caption. Look what happened with Music GE popped Crown a number early...the other captions fell like dominoes. If one of the judges steps out and pops HNC or Cavaliers above BD same could happen. That's one heckuva show your team has there. I like Crown very much, but based on first read think things might be a little disjointed visually in some moments and don't know if they have the stamina YET for the 3 week pig-fight that's about to occur. We shall see.

Watched San Antonio on the Fan Network.

Way to Go Troopers!

Crown's ballad is gorgeous!!!

The hit at the end of SCV is ridonkulous!

Holy Name....it's good to see them running again. SOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!

Cavaliers, I just don't know how they are beating Cadets

BD...musical ADD. I love the show, (my friend is aging out there this year) but I just don't know if it has the horses.

BUT...everyone is good! I can't believe how good everyone is for this time of the year!

Can't wait!

i disagree with your statement... i saw it live in houston and it sounded just fine to me it was not a musical disaster yeah sure needs a little bit more work on tuning but which group this year (other than phantom regiment) is actually in tune right now??

You were in Houston. I believe his/her reference was to the San Antonio performance, but if you wish to disagree with what he/she perceived in San Antonio based upon what you saw in Houston more power to you. :whistle::unsure: