Great Surprise & Disappointment

Could have been that they got to rehearse in the Alamodome all day while other corps were out in 100 degree heat :D

If indeed Crossmen were allowed to rehearse in the Alamodome all day on the day of a major regional, then I call foul.

If that's the case, they had an unfair advantage over all of those corps in their immediate grouping who sweated through a rehearsal block earlier in the day in the the Texas heat.

C'mon, DCI, that's just plain wrong.

And I say that as someone who has always loved, and still loves, the Crossmen.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah...BRAVO to Marc Sylvester!!! You are amazing. Listening to your commentary is worth the price of admission at any DCI show. It's no wonder that you write and create so many amazing shows, and it shouldn't shock anyone that you had a hand in so many World Champion shows. And your drill for Blue Knights is perhaps their best since 1992 and maybe ever. I love them this year. They were a big surprise too, and I forgot to mention that.

I think you mean 1994

The Fan Network. Still more glitchy than it ever has been. Not sure why this is still an issue.

The webcast was PERFECT here. It was a beautifully clear picture, even when zoomed to full screen, and the sound was great. I thought it was the best broadcast so far, by far!

Actually I'm not. I've never made it anything but plain to anyone that asks that I hate the Blue devils organization. I have seen many great friends change for the much worse after they go off to Concord. They come back much much different people. Perhaps that fades with time, as I've known several friendly older BD alums, but I've seen what that staff teaches and I couldn't disagree with it more.

Will I man up and say when I think they have the winning show? Of course. BD was robbed in 2008. But I think the way they behaved at retreat should show enough why I dislike that corps.

So please, don't speak for me. I can put my own foot in my mouth just fine, thank you.

What do you mean by this? I'm seriously curious.

Did your friends leave for camp in concord walking and running, and come back in chairs?

Did your friends become corrupted by the Haight-Asbury scene there in Silicon Valley these days?

Arrogance? What? Tell us, please, what's in the kool aid over there? Maybe, if it's that strong, other corps need to be serving some up.

I think they're going to be passed. :whistle:

Yeah. They (BD) will finish fourth in Indy.

As far as the webcast was concerned, I haven't had any problems in two years. Those who are, it has to be your connection

Edited by Tone Quality Matters

What do you mean by this? I'm seriously curious.

Did your friends leave for camp in concord walking and running, and come back in chairs?

Did your friends become corrupted by the Haight-Asbury scene there in Silicon Valley these days?

Arrogance? What? Tell us, please, what's in the kool aid over there? Maybe, if it's that strong, other corps need to be serving some up.

It appears that "luvs me some mello" has been "wronged" in some way by the BD organization. Probably fracked an audition or some other emotional event that's scarred him for life. Most people are able to just move on but it appears he has the uncontrollable urge to stand outside the fence at MARS and shoot em' the finger. Although his honesty is refreshing it tempers any comment he makes about BD and renders it of "zero value" to the conversation, other than perhaps some chuckles. Apparently he can discuss any other corps without succuming to his "BD mental tic". :whistle:

Because what The Cavaliers did at retreat is ANYWHERE near as disrespectful as what BD did.

Besides, that's one example of many many classless acts.

Okay, despite being discussed to death, I hate to see false information continually put out there as fact.

It has been fairly clearly established by people ON THE FIELD, many standing right in front of or behind the Blue Devils block (or right near it) that the behavior you are likely referencing did NOT come from Blue Devils. They way they phrased it was something akin to the "behavior coming from much further to the right of the Blue Devils block." Now, I have NO idea what corps they were referring to. At various points I've heard some people refer to The Cavaliers, some people refer to Bluecoats..I'm really not sure because I don't recall how everyone was lined up so I refuse to place blame on one specific corps that I'm not sure was actually doing anything. But at the very least people who were there have been clear about Blue Devils NOT engaging in the "disrespectful" behavior you seem intent to slap on the organization.

Was there likely some banter going on? Absolutely. 18-22 year olds in a competitive activity are just slightly prone to that. Lord knows I did my fair share in college and I was only participating in pick-up basketball games. Typically the guy who's winning will talk a little more than everyone else and when beaten the other who were getting beaten will dish it back a little harder. Does it sometimes go overboard? Sure, a little, but I've seen no evidence of anything other than talking going on. These aren't altar boys (or girls) out there. From what has been posted on here, almost ALL corps engage in it to a certain extent and more prominently by the "top tier" corps. Thus far, I have not seen or read of evidence justifying the degradation you automatically bestow on BD. And the fact that you seem to apply it solely to BD reveals more about you than it does about them.

If indeed Crossmen were allowed to rehearse in the Alamodome all day on the day of a major regional, then I call foul.

If that's the case, they had an unfair advantage over all of those corps in their immediate grouping who sweated through a rehearsal block earlier in the day in the the Texas heat.

If you had seen the housing site we had, you might feel differently. The place was a huge construction zone with no rehearsal space. Carolina Crown shared the housing site with us, but they have had their share of opportunities to rehearse at the show site this season. I think it's fair for us to get a bone thrown our way from time to time.

Do we need to beat the dead horse? BD didn't sabotage "America" last year.

The biggest surprise was BAC. They were absolutely awesome. I would have had them in the 85's, but hey.

Biggest disappointment? I'm going to go with HNC. They had somewhat of a tear. I've seen the show better, and I know they're out for blood after that run!

From what I heard it was a last-minute change because of a housing site issue.