Murfreesboro Market

So no one is talking about Blue Star's score tonight? Should they be around 87.5 after days of rehearsal?

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, from what I'm told they had a good show tonight. They beat the Troopers Visually tonight which they haven't been doing. They got killed in Music, a caption they have done well in. GE they have been beating Troopers consistantly and today they loose to them in part thanks to a .50 difference from JR Carlisle in Visual GE hmmmm the ML effect must be in full force tonight with him. They didn't deserve to drop a point in a half tonight from the last time out. I hate to say this but it seems as they are not being scored based on their performance when the Troopers are at the same show and it's a shame too.

It's like the movie "Strictly Ballroom"! I just got done watching that and it reminded me of DCI.

So no one is talking about Blue Star's score tonight? Should they be around 87.5 after days of rehearsal?

have you read this whole thread?

Are you saying that Troop doesn't deserve their scores?

Troopers went on very early in the show and got an 80.05. The judges felt that they were still better than the Colts when they performed.... hence the score drop.

A couple of other things:

1. Troop has been beating Colts in Music AND Visual for quote some time (the last 4 shows at least - Murfreesboro, San Antonio, Houston, & Dallas).

2. The caption that has been keeping colts close to (or beating) troop has been effect. From what I hear, Troop put in a new ending to the show that they debuted tonight. That would explain the jump up in Effect and the drop in Visual Performance and Visual Ensemble. New ending is more effective... but dirty

You are correct about the Music and Visual Captions however while the Colts did lose to the Troop in music in these previous shows the spread was any where from .10-.25. Not over a half a point like it was tonight.

And the GE scores are really quite interesting regardless of the change at the end of the show for the Troopers. The new ending shouldn't make that big of a difference. I put it more on the difference in judging. Losing to the Troop by .70 in a caption I believe they should have beat the Troopers in is quite amazing to me. I doubt highly we will see that kind of flip flop when the Colts put their new effective ending in but we will see...

Oh, and lastly as far as the Troopers score goes I don't believe they should be beating the Colts. It's just my opinion. To be quite frank about it I honestly don't think they should be beating a couple other corps they are beating either. It's nothing against the Troopers, I have nothing but respect for them as a corps I just don't care for their show so much. I know it's not a popular statement but it's my opinion. I don't see their show being of the same caliber as a few of the other corps in their tier.

Edited by bmroth1

Oh yeah, 1 last note.....No other corps droped in score from San Antonio in this show besides the Colts. What a load of crap!

Another beatdown via score for BK. :tongue: Just waiting for Atlanta I suppose, so I can see how they actually stack up against everyone else.

I would be very nervous about SCV's score for the remainder of the seasons. Their show is so delicate that the music execution has been very inconsistent so far in the season. The brass performance from San Antonio has plenty of "cringe" moment.

I am still betting on BD for their consistency. Just listen to their soloist performance. BD sure deserves the title even though I am not the biggest fan.

So, let me get this straight, a soloist performance is what you base consistency on as well as winning the title ? ( can't be, must just be late and I had too many beers it's got to be the way I read it )

I'm sure you didn't mean it to sound that way HUH ?

Ok then whats the easiest way to take a cats temperature ? :tongue:

I owe you a very large beverage of your choice. Even with my evil mind, rude and sarcastic remarks and an eye for being able to smack um back down to earth like the wheasle machine at the Chukee Cheese kids playroom, I didn't see THAT one coming at all.

I had to read it twice as getting up to head towards the bathroom but alas, 2 steps away and I lost it, right there in the hall with the visions of the new vet strapping the biggest, meanest tomcat to the table with claws and teeth everywhere as he TRIES to insert the glass into a cats rectum.

I'm humbled in your presence.

Best humorust post of the night...............oh, I HURT...................I pass you my crown and slink away into the shadows until some one coughs up a home run fur ball such as this

:tongue::rock::sad::rock::sad::worthy:

Oh yeah, 1 last note.....No other corps droped in score from San Antonio in this show besides the Colts. What a load of crap!

Actually, Ship High In Transit was written on bags of manure being shipped to other countries. The gases than were created when the loads of maanure were stored too low in the ships hull that once mixed with seawater, created explosive gasses that could actually blow up and sink the ship. DCP does not allow the use of this word of American history for fearing of a few people who might see this as a wide open conversation, no hold barred. Keep in mind that there is NOTHING vulgar about using Ship High In Transit or it's acyronem other than the Victorian views of 90+ % of our population who has no clue

Your use of CRAP comes from Thomas Crapper, who was known as the inventor of the flushable toilet as opposed to a bed pan or an outhouse

I would certainly agree that "what a load of "SHIP HIGH IN TRANSIT" might be more fitting to you cause, but alass............they regulate you to only usung #### or crap.

Cadets start off beating Crown, Crown starts beating Cadets.

Cavies best Cadets, BD solidly in the lead.

BAC, Bluestars come out on top over the reigning world champion Regiment.

Cadets take back their lead over Crown, SCV starts overtaking Crown.

If this season could get any more interesting I'd like to know how....

Cannot effin' wait till Indy rolls around. :tongue:

Agreed!