Murfreesboro Market

• Replies 365
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

In case any of you on this thread didn't hear I am a Vet.
Ok then whats the easiest way to take a cats temperature ? :tongue:

Keep in mind, just because you make changes and additions, doesn't mean your score will go up immediately. Sometimes new stuff is dirty the first few shows so it doesn't show up in the scores right away.

... and this is NOT a science. It's not always if A then B...

No, from what I'm told they had a good show tonight. They beat the Troopers Visually tonight which they haven't been doing. They got killed in Music, a caption they have done well in. GE they have been beating Troopers consistantly and today they loose to them in part thanks to a .50 difference from JR Carlisle in Visual GE hmmmm the ML effect must be in full force tonight with him. They didn't deserve to drop a point in a half tonight from the last time out. I hate to say this but it seems as they are not being scored based on their performance when the Troopers are at the same show and it's a shame too.

Are you saying that Troop doesn't deserve their scores?

Troopers went on very early in the show and got an 80.05. The judges felt that they were still better than the Colts when they performed.... hence the score drop.

A couple of other things:

1. Troop has been beating Colts in Music AND Visual for quote some time (the last 4 shows at least - Murfreesboro, San Antonio, Houston, & Dallas).

2. The caption that has been keeping colts close to (or beating) troop has been effect. From what I hear, Troop put in a new ending to the show that they debuted tonight. That would explain the jump up in Effect and the drop in Visual Performance and Visual Ensemble. New ending is more effective... but dirty

Go Troop top 12 !!!!!!! :tongue:

When a corps outside of the Top 8-9 goes into a Major Show, their score usually drops. Watch everyone's score shoot up on Sunday.

(And YAY Troop!)

Yes congrats to the Troop on breaking 80.

IMO the Colts score did not drop because of this reason. Example A: The Troopers score did not drop going into this show because it was a major show. The Colts got it handed to them on a platter in a few captions tonight that I wouldn't have expected them to get it handed to them like that. With the exception of Visual GE where Jr Carlisles scoring does not surprise me one bit.

On a different note.... BK scored a 15.2 in performance vis tonight???? Really??? Not saying it couldn't have happened, but they were scoring that the 2nd week of the season... That's a full point to point and a half off what they've been scoring. On a better note, good to see their GE numbers climbing as well as their brass... Wierd to see Blue Stars beat them handily in percussion as BS has been consistently lower scores in percussion.... I agree with Jwillis that it is good to see judges calling it the way they see it, but I wish they weren't on crack when they call it.. :tongue:

Wes P

but I wish they weren't on crack when they call it.. :tongue:

what drug do you want them on :tongue:

I would be very nervous about SCV's score for the remainder of the seasons. Their show is so delicate that the music execution has been very inconsistent so far in the season. The brass performance from San Antonio has plenty of "cringe" moment.

I am still betting on BD for their consistency. Just listen to their soloist performance. BD sure deserves the title even though I am not the biggest fan.

If this season could get any more interesting I'd like to know how....

Cannot effin' wait till Indy rolls around. :tongue:

Heh, well Blue Devils could lose a couple of times to different corps, but not at the same show. That would make it more interesting! :tongue: