Santa Clara or Holy Name. Old school gits it done! :lol:

This one :tongue:

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most Disney-like corp this far?

Carolina Crown

If talking about being different and being "bold" in their direction?

Santa Clara Vanguard

I know people would hate me for saying this.... but what about the Blue Devils? Don't count them out.

I hate to rain on everyone's parade but their probably won't be a Spirit of Disney award this year because Magic Music Days is no longer a corporate sponsor of DCI.

good topic though.

WHAT!?

That sucks

I hate to rain on everyone's parade but their probably won't be a Spirit of Disney award this year because Magic Music Days is no longer a corporate sponsor of DCI.

good topic though.

First Future Corps, then Magic, now DCI.

Is DCI a sinking ship and Disney knows it?

Any chance on getting McDonald's back on board?

Better yet, maybe we should go with a sponsorship from McDowells? :tongue:

Edited by 3rd_Star_Brigade

3rd Star, before we all board the assumption train

If you look at the number of sponsors now compared to the number of corporate sponsors in the mid 90's, I think you would find there are many more who have made the investment in DCI.

Many companies such as budweiser have pulled thier sponsorship dollars from many racing venues.

Are these races shrinking? No, but Bud wants to spend their money in other ways.

But I do think that through Disney's corporate partnership helped DCI in the mid 90's gain a solid footing.

I think any of the top 6 have shows that could qualify. You really never know. I think SCV will win it.

Who knows?

As an old phart, I never understood what the Spirit of Disney actually stood for.

Was it / is it for good old family values like Mary poppins / Charlie the Lonesome Cougar and the like from when Walt was still alive, or is it about how to market yourself for the biggest return on the buck of today's Disney ? ( or something different ? )

If the first applies then I feel SCV, if the second, I'd vote Cadets. No one is as good at marketing and drawing attention than Hopkins. ( I might not like it, but I respect the fact that he "markets" the Cadets for the biggest buck. The man understand it's big business, no longer just a youth activity)

Who can deny Crown of the award when they have Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Robin Hood and Little Red Riding Hood marching the show?

Who can deny Crown of the award when they have Tinkerbell, Peter Pan, Robin Hood and Little Red Riding Hood marching the show?

Moreover, Cadets did not win SOD in 2000, playing the music of Disney's Millennium Celebration.