I'm a little surprised to day

That final spot in Finals.

I sense that the overwhelming majority of DCPers are rooting for Troopers, and why not? Great corps, great tradition, great area of the country to be represented, but aren't at least Colts, Madison and Academy fans salivating after last night? With two weeks left, this baby is still wide open, as far as I can tell.

Please don't infer any anti-Troop sentiment here. I've loved them since Gaelic Park in 1966. They're an icon, and deservedly so, and I'll love them in finals if that's the way it breaks.

I'm just surprised that the followers, fans, devotees of at very least the three corps I mentioned aren't making themselves heard loud and clear, or loud and even louder with their corps knocking at the door.

Am I missing the big picture here? Is it over?

And by the way - 2 weeks! Couldn't even the next grouping at least make it interesting if someone catches fire? We've all seen those late season fixes a la Cadets in 1990 that just blow the top off their show.

Crossmen? C'mon... you know you want them... c'mon now...

:thumbup::satisfied::worthy::thumbup:

Edited by rayfallon

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm with you. I've loved the Colts show all summer and I definitely think they should be placing slightly above the Troopers right now. And Academy coming on strong? This is gonna get really interesting.

I have to admit,

I was a bit surprised that Colts wasn't in 12th last night.

Later,

Mike

I was a bit surprised also. In that Academy wasn't scored higher than Colts.

I have to admit,

I was a bit surprised that Colts wasn't in 12th last night.

Later,

Mike

I think there has been plenty of posters on here that have said that the battle for that 12th and final spot in Finals will be fiercely competitive among 3 or 4 Corps. Some of those comments have been buried in " The Official ( whatever that means ) Crossmen Thread "... or " the Official Madison Scouts Thread " ..... and " the Official Troopers Thread "...... " The official Academy Thread " ... and so forth. But the disussions on this topic have been on here of late. And it's a good topic in my view too.

That final spot in Finals.

I sense that the overwhelming majority of DCPers are rooting for Troopers, and why not? Great corps, great tradition, great area of the country to be represented, but aren't at least Colts, Madison and Academy fans salivating after last night? With two weeks left, this baby is still wide open, as far as I can tell.

Please don't infer any anti-Troop sentiment here. I've loved them since Gaelic Park in 1966. They're an icon, and deservedly so, and I'll love them in finals if that's the way it breaks.

I'm just surprised that the followers, fans, devotees of at very least the three corps I mentioned aren't making themselves heard loud and clear, or loud and even louder with their corps knocking at the door.

Am I missing the big picture here? Is it over?

And by the way - 2 weeks! Couldn't even the next grouping at least make it interesting if someone catches fire? We've all seen those late season fixes a la Cadets in 1990 that just blow the top off their show.

Crossmen? C'mon... you know you want them... c'mon now...

:thumbup::satisfied::worthy::thumbup:

Boston should of been in 5th if not higher

the final spot will be Troopers....Colts and Academy will battle for 13th, and 15-17 will juggle between Scouts, Crossmen and Spirit

the final spot will be Troopers....Colts and Academy will battle for 13th, and 15-17 will juggle between Scouts, Crossmen and Spirit

I agree, Im kinda pulling for the Troopers, my band director used to march with them a long long long time ago..... BUT! I do like the show, and they do have a nice high hitting trumpet in there I will declare, um I think they have the better show design than colts and academy, but they will have to watch out for them next year!

I would, but my past three years with Colts may give the image of a bias, no matter what my opinion may or may not be.

That isn't to say I'm not rooting hard for them, though.

I'm with you. I've loved the Colts show all summer and I definitely think they should be placing slightly above the Troopers right now. And Academy coming on strong? This is gonna get really interesting.

Me too! The Colts Brass arrangements make sense, the show is well staged, the color scheme works-- it seems to me the Colts design staff knows what they are doing. The brass sound is big and balanced, the arranger knows how to hit the sweet spots in the horns-- I just think its a better design than the Troopers--

Although someone said the Troopers drum line is superior

Someone also said the Troopers horn arrangements are "Hackneyed"-- which seems like an apt description to me. Come on MUSIC GE judges! geez! You are supposed to get it--you can't just reward bando horn arrangements cause the Troopers are loud. Staging, part writing, balance and tone fall under MUSIC GE too right?

I think the Colts should focus on individual marching technique in rehersal--posture and bearing--an improvement there could get them into finals maybe. GET OUT THE HOSE for the drum book, too. Its time. Basically, the Glassmen are beating the Colts at individual marching technique--it is very visible--but I think the Glassmen are excellent at that particular thing.