I'm a little surprised to day

In all fairness, If the Troopers do make it, I will be yelling just as loud as everyone else when they take the field. I'm not a hater. I don't have any natural Colts bias either--I just really appreciate their show design

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you see the order of performance? Why were the Colts on so early? They are getting shafted by the judges sentamentality, that's what's going on here.

LOL......Dont use the word shafted..... Please for Gods sake. :satisfied::thumbup::thumbup:

Badmouthing the other show will not bring people to your side.

I'm obviously biased, but Troop's show works on a whole different level than Colts. They're both great shows, but Troopers are simply achieving more. I look at Colts and I see a good nautical themed show. In Troop and I see a story with a beginning, middle, and end.

If Colts want to make finals, then their execution needs to be miles ahead of Troop to counter Troop's superior GE. They've had the performance order advantage all summer long until yesterday, and they're likely to go on before Troop at Quarterfinals. I really think it's Troop's to lose at this point.

See that's what's so funny PinWiz cause thats exactly what I believe but on exactly the other foot. I have been around the activity for decades and have been a TROOPERS fan for as long as I can remember. Now, I too have a new bias....so I have to also qualify my statements to come.

I was honestly shocked by the Troopers placements because I just didn't think that highly of the design of their show particularly from the aspects you find desirable i.e the corps ability to portray the story of their show. I find the Colts show much more effective from that vantage point and when I listened to the Design teams for both the Troopers and Colts on the VOD's from San Antonio (and after seeing them live there) it only reinforced that opinion. With that said, the Troopers are louder than the Colts and have been hitting their impact moments with more clarity as of late. I find the Colts horns to be more symphonic and balanced in sound quality. I can't really speak for percussion because I'm not a percussion guy. As far as the guard goes the Troopers have improved by leaps and bounds over last year but the Colts Guard in my mind is the Strength of their Corps. They are extremely talented kids and the colors being used in this show are absolutely amazing in helping to portray the 'Voyage' of the show (pun intended).

In the end I want the Troopers to do well but I want to believe that they earned their spot in finals if they do indeed get that spot. In my mind I thought the Academy and Colts both had stronger shows than the Troop in Atl. I was very impressed with Madison's horn line yesterday and thought they would move up more then they did overall. Guess they still have some other issues to work out. I am very surprised at the Crossmens show. I was so hyped on them preseason, oh well. Spirit still seems to have too many visual issues. To end I must say I have enjoyed the Troopers show more over the last few shows then I did when I first saw them but still am just not sold on the show. In any case GL to all it's going to be close and may the corps with the Best show win!

Edited by bmroth1

Boston should of been in 5th if not higher

o_rly.jpg

the final spot will be Troopers....Colts and Academy will battle for 13th, and 15-17 will juggle between Scouts, Crossmen and Spirit

I tend to agree with this, although I think it will be one of the first three. IMO, the first three mentioned are slightly above the other three in design. Their packages are more complete, paced better, and are generally delivered with more authority and better training. But hey, anything can happen with this much time to go. Any one of these teams could catch fire and crash the party.

Edited by oldtimedrummer

Can we all agree that it's awesome beyond belief that Blue Stars make it back in last year about being out since 1979, and Troop's on the cusp of returning to top 12 for the first time since 86?

And this after BOTH corps (IIRC), took a year off to reorganize...usually a corps killer.

Can we all agree that it's awesome beyond belief that Blue Stars make it back in last year about being out since 1979, and Troop's on the cusp of returning to top 12 for the first time since 86?

And this after BOTH corps (IIRC), took a year off to reorganize...usually a corps killer.

Yes indeed, I remember some very lean days for the Blue Stars in the early to Mid 80's too. It's great both corps are still around giving us a chance to appreciate drum corps. So many have fallen off the existence radar its a testament to both of these great organizations!

Edited by bmroth1

My OPINION

Troopers should make finals. They have the best show and it is being performed very well.

Colts. Meh, something is missing. I don't know what. Colts, to me, have always been, just so, vanilla.

The Academy could do it. I see them finishing 13th above the Colts. Very good show.

Madison will not come close. Dirty. Failed concept. Poorly performed show.

Spirit. Same as Madison only a lot more so. Lame show concept.

It's a three horse race for 12th between the Troopers, Colts and Academy.

One word... Academy!!

#1: 6.25 point increase since San Antonio.

#2: Crowd is starting to get behind the show.

#3: Colorguard is outscoring Phantom!!

#4: The Momentum within the Corps is beginning to pick up.

They know they are a Saturday night contender, and although there is a sentimantal feel about the Troopers making finals, I hope (no offence to the Troop) Academy starts moving up on them.

The Colts are kinda stagnate right now, which is why I think Academy will be over them by the end of the week.

IMHO, I thought Academy and Troopers were going to catch ground on The Glassmen. I was not as impressed with them as I was at SA.

If you aint CAV.... you aint XXXX!!!