Most Exciting / Crowd Pleasing show in 2009

Who has the most crowd pleasing / best show of 2009. Name your top 6. Only rule is if you don't have something nice to say about a drum corp keep it to yourself. Lets keep it civilized and positive. With that said I think it is pretty close. I have

1. Crown :blink:

2. SCV

3. CADETS

4. BLUECOATS

5. PHANTOM

6. BOSTON :huh:

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

For me it would be:

1. Cadets

2. Crown

3. Boston Crusaders

4. SCV

5. Bluecoats

6. Madison Scouts

Blue Devils.

My objective opinion?

Cavaliers.

When I was at Boro the most popular shows seemed to be Bluecoats and Phantom Regiments'. Crown an SCV were also popular.

For me it's not about excitement so much as balance of elements, elegance, poise, etc. I like excitement just fine, but not at the expense of show integration. So, these are my favorites, so far (but with future repeat viewings my selections may radically change):

SCV (OMG beautiful, subtle, amazing)

Troopers (gotta love what the design team has done this year AND what the kids are doing!)

Bluecoats (still wanting a different ending, but the rest of the show rocks my world)

Cadets (cutting edge and retro at the same time!)

Crown (still trying to figure it all out, but it keeps me looking which is why it's on my list)

Colts (even with the close competition! :blink: )

I really don't like limiting myself to 6. My tastes change from day to day, so there are days where BD would replace one of those on my list, or Madison, or Phantom, or Boston, or any number of others.

I look at this question thinking what a first time viewer of DCI might think.

Cadets - siinply because almost everyone is familliar with WSS.

Bluecoats- they have a great musical book, especially the closer.

Boston- another good musical book

The first time viewer would not read deeply into theme, just enjoy the musical and visual.

When I was at Boro the most popular shows seemed to be Bluecoats and Phantom Regiments'. Crown an SCV were also popular.

Sat at the very top of the Stadium in Murfreesboro both nights ... full view of the crowd ...

Thursday Night ... SCV's show was by far the most popular ... crowd was on their feet during the last push to the end ...

Friday night ... Cadet's had several folks on their feet through out their performance and a full Standing O at the end ... Regiment big standing O at their end ... BUT Boston seem to have the biggest crowd response at the end of their performance ...