Please Prepare for a Tie

With the 3-way tie tonight in VA, I thought I would remind everyone of the rule change that slid by this past January:

The directors of all world class corps unanimously voted to return to the possibility of a tie for first place. In the past few years, if there was a numeric tie, ordinals would determine the actual winner.

I just want to note that this is not a DCI conspiracy--the directors of each corps that you love and support decided that it would be ok to have a tie, and honestly, I don't see why they're so bad. It's not like it's an "everybody gets a gold star" situation...there are a heck of a lot of subcaptions, and the chance of a tie is fairly slim, but if it happens, why is it such a bad thing? I know some of you have lived through those ties.

I guess my real point is I don't get why we bash the judges or "DCI" when there is a tie. Your own corps are the ones who say it's ok.

Peace.

Edited for link to DCI news article about the rule change:

http://www.dci.org/news/view.cfm?news_id=2...52-77c2575edf73

Edited by Just A Plain Old Fan

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, let the judges give a tie. But after, those two corps should come out on the field and throw down for the audience, and THEY decide who the winner is! I like it.

If there's a tie for first, it should go to penalty kicks.

I remember the discussion in Orlando 1996 that BD and PR should set up, facing opposite sides of the stadium (fans of each corps on each side), and march their show again.

Whoever had the most members standing after the last note wins!

My money was on Phantom Regiment.

If they are trying to attract a larger audience, why not do the 'cheesy' thing and do the "Drum Line" thing. Wasn't the best movie, but it got people interested. Why not bring it into the activity if it comes to a tie? I think it be pretty exciting with REAL drum lines battling it out!

roshambo for it

roshambo for it

I go first.

Tie-Breaker should consist of one of the following:

1) Tug-o-War

2) Bus Push

3) Ultimate Frisbee

That should settle it. :worthy: