Quarterfinals on The Big Screen

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was lucky enough to get off work early and catch me some end of the season drum corps!!!

Man, EVERYONE was good!

Top 5: Phenomenal

SCV: Favorite Show of the Year. The music just melds with the visuals. An absolutely beautifully done show!

Crown: Beautiful & Entertaining! The opener and closer were my favorites from them.

Cadets: Loved it! So fast and spectacular!

Cavies: I loved the show! Music & Drill was amazing.

BD: Like usual, they are just executing the heck out of their show. Most entertaining show (musically) I've ever seen from them live.

I had the misfortune of viewing quarter finals in the theater in Dublin, CA. The video started fine, and on time, but there was zero audio for a full 40 minutes. Total silence. The sound finally came on just prior to the start of The Colts.

I so wanted to hear the Madison show. Sorry guys. It wasn't my fault.

I am quite pleased with the results of the show, just very angry that with only one shot to see and hear this stuff, the Regal Theater had to mess things up.

Mental note to self: Next year go to a different theater.

Meh feed just quit for the first minute+ of the blue stars' show and for some reason the commentary and david gibb's speech came out waaay louder than any of the corps' performance. The manager was cool and turned up the volume some when I asked though which just made the commentary and such louder. Completely terrible crowd, talked through literally every performance with minimal applause or any reaction until the Cavaliers came on the dozens of high school girls went wild at the smallest things. Overall I don't regret going but could've been better (not blaming DCI just meant in general).

Bingo. The BD performers go vertical and do so in unison. No other Corps is doing this. The others visually are going primarily horizontally ( or as you said " laterally " ). BD's visual show requires a completely different type demand on the part of it's marchers.

Sorry, but I'm not buying. A number of other corps have done the "performing on props" thing before, including BD. In 1992.

BD is incredibly clean. They march, play and spin very well. I like their show. I just don't think that sitting while playing, even while doing some body movements, reaches the same level of demand and accomplishment as some of the other corps flying around "horizontally" at 210 bpm. Of course, the judges disagree.

Sorry, but I'm not buying. A number of other corps have done the "performing on props" thing before, including BD. In 1992.

BD is incredibly clean. They march, play and spin very well. I like their show. I just don't think that sitting while playing, even while doing some body movements, reaches the same level of demand and accomplishment as some of the other corps flying around "horizontally" at 210 bpm. Of course, the judges disagree.

Well, while those corps are flying around at 210 bpm, BD is doing it around 240 bpm. So marching at that speed can be pretty demanding also.

I understand your point of view, but BD is marching at a faster speed than the other corps.

Edited by blue_devil_fan9903

My only comment:

BD sure made it look easy!

it helps when its not that hard

it helps when its not that hard

I agree. Now imagine how clean they'd be if the show was easy!