Allentown - Day 2

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

By looking at the GE scores, it seems very reminiscent of last year at Allentown.

Do I smell shades of 2008 PR pushing into finals? It would take all of us getting totally behind Crown, but if they could get some real emotional pull and get crqwd swayed, it might get REAL interesting finals night again!!

Folks, I think the judges just made their statement tonight, it may be a 2 horse race! Get on board the Crown train and let's will them to something special a week from tonight!!

I don't care who knows, but I want BD to earn if they can hold these other teams off.. :thumbup:

Someone had figured out what CC would need to score tonight to go on after HNC and Cavs in quarters. Does anyone know those numbers? It was a 94.? to go after HNC and 95.? to go after Cavs.

On another thread they needed 95.6 to pass Cavies - forget the exact for HNC but ut was 94. something which they covered.

I'm wondering the same thing.

because all of these had more practice time/ i think yesterday group had more judging comparison with the 4 of the top 5.

By looking at the GE scores, it seems very reminiscent of last year at Allentown.

Do I smell shades of 2008 PR pushing into finals? It would take all of us getting totally behind Crown, but if they could get some real emotional pull and get crqwd swayed, it might get REAL interesting finals night again!!

Folks, I think the judges just made their statement tonight, it may be a 2 horse race! Get on board the Crown train and let's will them to something special a week from tonight!!

I don't care who knows, but I want BD to earn if they can hold these other teams off.. :thumbup:

I don't think Cadets or Cavies will go down without a fight.

On another thread they needed 95.6 to pass Cavies - forget the exact for HNC but ut was 94. something which they covered.

Another thread ...

CROWN needs 94.7 to move ahead of Cadets, and a 95.6 to move in front of Cavaliers.

SCV needs to beat Crown by 2 points.

PHANTOM needs a 94.75 to perform after Bluecoats.

BOSTON needs to beat Phantom by 0.15 to take the lead.

BLUE STARS need to beat Boston by 0.5, and Phantom by 0.65.

BLUE KNIGHTS need an 86.45 to overtake Glassmen.

COLTS need an 85.15 to perform in 12th place over Troopers.

MADISON needs an 83.85 to go on after Academy at Quarterfinals.

JERSEY SURF needs an 83.15 to perform after Pacific Crest

You are pretty amazing to be able to judge all facets of a drum corps show....

Fact of the matter is...

Boston and Blue Stars may have a better visual product (well, there is no MAY about it...they flat out do), but last I checked, DCI judges its corps on both visual and musical products. And no matter what you think, PR has been consistently beating Blue Stars and BAC in music. From everything I have seen and heard with my own two ears, I'd have to say it is a deserved position, musically.

So now the real question is....is their visual bad enough to make you (and others) overlook the other important components of a drum corps show? Their percussion is great. Their hornline is fabulous.

PR has been losing out to BAC in the areas it deserves to lose....visual design and guard. And losing pretty hard, I might say...half a point down in GE Visual, for example.

I know that we are a visually-driven medium these days, but you can't just judge one facet of a corps' show, you have to judge them all.

No offense, but...it is pretty #### stupid to say that DCI won't "let" them fall lower than 7th. Sheer idiocy. You're saying DCI is going around and telling all the judges (including judges who marched in BAC and Blue Stars, perhaps, or in general judges who have no allegiance to PR) that they need to adjust their individual numbers, or they will sleep with the fishies? Think about the ridiculousness of what you are saying.

You conspiracy theory buffs really tick me off. I wonder what school system raised you all to resort to this type of thinking when 30 seconds of some serious analytical thought would show you that a conspiracy like the one you are hinting at is not only impractical, but pretty #### illogical as well. DCI would have a better time marketing the fact that drum corps are so competitive that you can win a title one year and finish as low as 9th the next.

Let me ask you a question? If your visual show is pedestrian at best as the Phantom show is, don't you think that the hornline will play better?? Honestly I have seen Phantom a number of times this seson both Live and Online.... Boston plays just as well.... Phantoms sound isn't nearly as dark as it has been... Personally I think switching to the Jupiter horns was a horrible idea... But that aside, yes I do think the visual side of their show is bad enough to get them beat come finals... That also goes towards design, which is GE... The music also is not stellar so while they may be winning the performance captions I feel come finals time the scores may change and favor BAC....

As to your other thought, I think it is truly @###@@!# crazy to think that politics do not play a huge part in every activity.... Not just DCI.... Conspiracy? No, but one of the most storied corps might get a little bit of a repreive compared to say a great corps whose never won a DCI title... Judging Music/The Arts/Marching is subjective... So an apple is not an orange, both are good... But from time to time your love of one over the other might sway your desicion as to which one to eat... Just a thought...

Wes P

ALL ABOARD...Hoot, Hoot :thumbup: