Allentown - Day 2

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crown will finish in 4th come finals. As I predicted from my first viewing of all the shows. My prediction as been accurate every year so far. So we'll see. Top 5 this year is an amazing feat. Crown should be happy no matter what happens on finals night. I also expect SCV to move at least one spot on finals night.

well hey then, let's pack it up and call it a season since you are always right, let's hand the trophies out and call it a season!

I'm just happy the gap has closed a bit between 1st and the rest of the corps. BD may very well end up winning but it takes a little excitement out of finals if someone goes in 2 points better than everyone.

Phantom strikes me as a corps that still hires based on people that are alumni and people that they feel fits the mold of the organization. It's along the lines of many corps that have alumni at many of the top levels in the corps, but maybe not always the most qualified. I think with the music area, they have a slam dunk in staff and will be a consistent top 3 music ensemble ever year as long as Paul and JD are around. It just seems that in the visual area, they hire comfortable staff that may not be as talented, but are easier to work with. This is no slam against the drill writer or guard caption, but there are way more qualified folks who they could have hired after winning a DCU Championship. I think regardless of how talented Adam Sage or Jamey Thompson was, they simple wanted someone they could get along with better, as talented or not.

Unfortunately, it;s part of the reason why PR will never be a year in year out Championship contender. They don't seek out the absolute best, but settle for others. I feel they would rather avoid working with talented, but difficult people in favor of easy going staff. You may get lucky, but you may have a 8th place year as well. Look at the history from say, 86 till now. It;s pretty clear.

Why does BD, Cavies and Cadets win consistently? Because they hire the absolute best staff you can get and retain them at all costs long term. It's called how to run a top level business. You get the best and keep them happy so they stay. And you learn how to work through the personality difficulties because that's how great businesses are run and talent outweighs ego.

Just my thought and great people at Phantom. I want to see them do as well as anyone, but the staff hiring and firing philosophy may need to be adjusted if they truly want to be a trophy contender every year.

i agree.

in that same train of logic, i also think that Regiment should add another saying to their organization...FYWDC.

well hey then, let's pack it up and call it a season since you are always right, let's hand the trophies out and call it a season!

My thoughts exactly....he must know something that we don't know..... :thumbup::thumbup:

I don't know, I've scratched my head on a number of scores when it has come to HNC, Cavs, and CC. All over the place in caps

Sure, but I simply don't see how we get the absolute predictability out of the placement from night to night... so many posters hit is straight on the head about scores within a few tenths... and they are a thousand miles from the show. I DON'T KNOW WHAT IT IS, BUT THERE IS A BETTER WAY..... If we had that answer, we'd be rich.... I would like to see the intrigue go to the last second as far as who is doing what to who next week... but I sense that no matter what a corps does, the predetermined neighborhoods that a corps will place in are locked.... the "glass ceilings" have been installed, now it is a question of who will move the one spot to cause an upset.

Crown will finish in 4th come finals. As I predicted from my first viewing of all the shows. My prediction as been accurate every year so far. So we'll see. Top 5 this year is an amazing feat. Crown should be happy no matter what happens on finals night. I also expect SCV to move at least one spot on finals night.

Ok, who is the smart alec that purposely hid the fact that Nostradomas was going to be here tonight?