Allentown - Day 2

huh? It appears you are nipping something. :thumbup: J/K... It IS going to be a h&*% of a final week.

yes I apologize. my brother marches for crown and once I saw the scores I got a lil excited and had one too many shots of bourbon.

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just back from the show -- didn't stick around for scores, but I am not all shocked by Crown's score and distance from Vanguard tonight. Love the Vanguard show, but they had some pretty obvious individual performance issues -- especially in brass and guard -- and I was certain that Vanguard did not have a night like Phantom did last year (one where everything comes together and it becomes clear that the are a possible champion this year).

Now, Crown surprised me because they had the kind of night tonight that Phantom had last year. Yes there were some pretty obvious performance issues that should be cleaned up next week, but I was really surprised to see that Crown got a partial standing O mid show and then a more substantial full standing O at the end than the ovation given to Vanguard. I was a little surprised to see the Allentown go crazy for Crown like that, but I think that tonight just showed that Crown's show might actually have that something special that may push it even further forward.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see how next week goes. At this stage it would not be out of the question to see three different corps win a night next week -- since of course we all know that BD will suffer another collapse next week.

you mean "Crown Royal"

lol I totally gwt it because of the crown in the name. but beingfrom kentucky and the place in which bourbon is known for, I must say that I prefer my woodford reserve and four roses over ny kind of other whiskey. but crown royal is bad either. congrats to crown. thought they erw very deserving of their score. anxious to see if they stay that close to bd from here on out

Just back from the show -- didn't stick around for scores, but I am not all shocked by Crown's score and distance from Vanguard tonight. Love the Vanguard show, but they had some pretty obvious individual performance issues -- especially in brass and guard -- and I was certain that Vanguard did not have a night like Phantom did last year (one where everything comes together and it becomes clear that the are a possible champion this year).

Now, Crown surprised me because they had the kind of night tonight that Phantom had last year. Yes there were some pretty obvious performance issues that should be cleaned up next week, but I was really surprised to see that Crown got a partial standing O mid show and then a more substantial full standing O at the end than the ovation given to Vanguard. I was a little surprised to see the Allentown go crazy for Crown like that, but I think that tonight just showed that Crown's show might actually have that something special that may push it even further forward.

Oh well, I guess we'll just have to see how next week goes. At this stage it would not be out of the question to see three different corps win a night next week -- since of course we all know that BD will suffer another collapse next week.

Just got home myself. Intersting perspective, where I was sitting (on the 48), SCV got a major standing O for the company front and a prolonged standing O afterward. I didn't see any partial standing O for Crown. They did get a good standing O afterward. Not taking anything away from either, just stating the reaction where I was seated.

Okay, I am now at the airport after this amazing weekend of Drum Corps!!!

Last night was amazing, getting to see my First alma mater perform the best I've seen them all year! And the performances put on by Cadets, Cavies and BD were amazing! I really enjoyed the new ending BD put in, but you could tell it was still relatively new and needs a couple of days to really settle in. I also really really enjoyed Academy and Troopers' show! Last night was amazing!

Now tonight's show, I've been looking forward to for a very long time, and none of the corps disappointed me one bit! I think I had goose-bumps all weekend! But SCV and Crown, I had bumps on top of bumps! SCV has a great show, but they seemed a bit off tonight. Crown...is just wow. The new stinger they added to the end of Puck is just jaw dropping! It really reminds me of old Madison Recordings my dad has! I heard from a few friends that they still have some to unveil for Championships, so I can't wait to see those! I truly think the top 5 this year are the tightest competitively that I've seen! They are all performing very, very well.

I'll be writing a full review of the weekend when I'm back home in Cali, so wish me luck on my long flight!

Great job by all corps this weekend!

PS. Anniem- my phone is dead, so I'll be sure to text Jordan first thing tomorrow morning!

Apparently I had too much Crown Royal... the stuff in the pretty little purple bag... :thumbup:

it's ok, I love those bags ,I put my mouthpieces in them.