Allentown - Day 2

why arent tonight's performances up as fast as they were last night?! lol

I was just thinking the same thing...sitting here in the airport would be SOOOO much more enjoyable if I could watch the shows from a different perspective!!

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

to me, the top 2, crown and bd, have forgettable shows, I didn't really enjoy either one, and thought they were a bit over scored, and it seems that bd are the "yankees" and crown are the red sox, just like friday, crown put on a similar performance that bd did, only bd didn't get much of an ovation, yet crown did... just like people in baseball like the red sox more, even though their the same thing as the yankees with a different name.

Hmmm. I wouldn't really consider Carolina Crown's show forgettable- BUT that is just my opinion, and you are entitled to your own as well.

Is their show pushing the envelope? Well, no, but I wouldn't say it's forgettable.

Doubt it

No cymbal V

No Vanguard yell

Their show is ALL about "what's best for the music." Throwing in a tune/visual from a previous show (and from a different musical) doesn't mix with that philosophy, and would in fact, seem to me an F You to the philosophy the designers/staff have been 'selling' judges/fans all season.

I think the real question is:

Will HNC add a Z-pull/throwback type ending to their show?

* Z-pull in early 80's to cement their innovative/visual legacy

* double Z-pull in 90, when they performed a 'greatest hits' type show

* triple Z-pull esque in 94 when doing WSS for the second time in a decade during an Anniversary year (60th)

* this year, doing a pseudo-throwback WSS show during a BIG Anniversary year. If they DON'T do some kind of homage to the CLASSIC 84/90/94 endings this year, I will consider this show a disappointment!

Of course, there is a lot to be done this week, and it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if they come out at Quarters with the awesome ending I (and others) have been wanting/hoping for all season.

Cadets....You wanna win DCI??? End the show with the PEACE SIGN!

Hmmm. I wouldn't really consider Carolina Crown's show forgettable- BUT that is just my opinion, and you are entitled to your own as well.

Is their show pushing the envelope? Well, no, but I wouldn't say it's forgettable.

maybe i was disappointed because the past 2 shows, the 2 shows that made me love crown were so memorable, triple crown and the perfect ending show. but this one just seems like a good show, composition and achievement wise, but, didn't really seem to have the crown sparkle. seemed like they just tried to put out a winning show (obviously that's the idea), but usually crown seems a little more fan friendly.

Just wanted to post before I crash.

Most AMAZING weekend for me. Crown get's Friday night off and I get to spend a whole night with my girl! Saturday I got to rehearsal just after lunch. 8 kids in the guard are doing their personal run thru just performing the crap out of their show. Meanwhile the rest of the guard are just wonderfully gracious while they inhaled the Rita's Italilan Ice I brought for them. I think every single one thanked me personally. They're such great kids. Finally I got to see my daughter march in JBC and see her corps just rock the place. Holy Crap !! Thanks Crown! Thanks CC Colorguard! And Thanks Nat! You all rock!!

Edited by corpsband

Should be a very interesting and exciting week ahead..

I wouldnt count BS out of the pic in the 3 possibly 4 way

headlock going into this last week..

From reports on the road, the corps is back to good

health, and ret-to-go !

BS.. for all us old timers

HAVE A GREAT WEEK !!! FCO !

to me, the top 2, crown and bd, have forgettable shows, I didn't really enjoy either one, and thought they were a bit over scored, and it seems that bd are the "yankees" and crown are the red sox, just like friday, crown put on a similar performance that bd did, only bd didn't get much of an ovation, yet crown did... just like people in baseball like the red sox more, even though their the same thing as the yankees with a different name.

this is funny. on another thread someone has crown as Crosby and i guess BD is Ovechkin because someone posted a picture of him.

I guess since Crosby won the Stanley Cup and Ovechkin went back to DC without it might be a good sign for Crown :)

See.... I think it **IS** pushing the envelope. I mean full melody WITH hard drill? Forget about it!!!

I also enjoy the style of arranging in their music this year. The harmonies aren't muddled.

Puck is pushing the envelope. It's just the way everything in the show is put together.

The intent of the show is very clear and refreshing to me. :thumbup:

Great scores tonight, and I think they line up much as I had anticipated. I was worried about some of the sick members in the Vanguard, but I am pulling for a good run during finals week.

Crown must have performed well, as they always do. Their 95.250 is about what Cadets and Cavaliers may have scored one day later with a full rehearsal day. We don't know for sure, but I don't think their score is out of line. And BD was not there, but they might have pulled a 96.5 one day later. So we must keep things in perspective.

I think BD is going to be tough to beat. And Cadets just look unreal to me. Watched the VOD on FN of their performance last night. HOLY COW, HOLY NAME. Man are they cleaning.

This will be one fun week. Can't wait to see semifinals live in Indy.

IMO, Crowns number too high. pit WAY too loud tonight, like the whole show. covered up some great brass and battery moments. a 19.2 in Ensemble music with the pit that loud? please