Scranton - Parade of Champions

well, he had you. while a homer, and thats ok, you fell right into the trap he laid...you admitted they were sloppy by saying their brains hadnt caught up.

OK , Thats cool.

If you read his original comment he said Reading was the only descent corps and the hurcs "were over-hyped sloppy and slow. Obviously a DCI homer's opinion. My response was an "opinion" 160 bpm (tempo) is not slow. If I was still 22 it would take time to "catch up". It was actually A compliment. :thumbdown:

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK , Thats cool.

If you read his original comment he said Reading was the only descent corps and the hurcs "were over-hyped sloppy and slow. Obviously a DCI homer's opinion. My response was an "opinion" 160 bpm (tempo) is not slow. If I was still 22 it would take time to "catch up". It was actually A compliment. :thumbdown:

this thread is off the rails now.

Does anyone know attendance numbers?

I don't have numbers, but from my perspective, it appeared the crowd this year was actually a bit bigger than the one at this show last year....a pleasant surprise, IMO, because I was expecting more of an attendance "hit" this year due the DCI East show being held in Allentown Saturday night.

Fran

well next year, make it a later date and we can make it bigger yet!

paid attendance was indeed higher than last year... I'm still not off my high from so much great drum corps in one place...

I'm sorry 160BPM is not slow, and when their brains catch up you might appreciate it!

The Judges have them 2nd consistently.

:thumbdown:

Truth is, if Hurcs have been practicing the same segments at 160bpm since this past winter, and their brains haven't caught up yet, I don't hold out much hope for their brains to suddenly catch up over the next 2 weeks. However, I did not really notice the Hurcs having any particularly glaring tempo/phasing issues in Scranton nor did I notice their tempos being that much more demanding than any of the other contenders. Edited by VOReason

I'm still not off my high from so much great drum corps in one place...

On the money, Tom....that was one heck of a show. I was really impressed by how much the corps have improved since we last saw several of them at the Cabs' show July 11.

Scranton was my last DCA show of the regular season. Barbara and I are looking forward to Labor Day weeked in Rochester. Barring something unforeseen, we will be there!!!

Fran

well next year, make it a later date and we can make it bigger yet!

Great idea Jeff, maybe waiting until DCI is finished (usually first week in August) then schedule a DCA Preview Show 2 weeks before Labor Day....

Of course, it would require some communication and coordination between Corps Show dates and DCA. But if its worked out, this could be a great boost for those who want to attend both, dont you think?

:thumbdown:

How 'bout a neat and tidy, 5 corps DCA show at J. Birney Crum, at noon, on the Saturday of DCI?

With the new field turf, no damage problems. DCA event rain or shine. The DCA event would be pretty much out of there by 2:30pm. Plenty of potential new customers for DCA already in place, plenty of additional DCI ticket buyers (DCA fans and participants in town). Despite what many think, DCI and DCA already work together nicely. A DCA component in Allentown that same weekend could help the bottom line of BOTH organizations.

Worth a look!

:rolleyes:

How 'bout a neat and tidy, 5 corps DCA show at J. Birney Crum, at noon, on the Saturday of DCI?

With the new field turf, no damage problems. DCA event rain or shine. The DCA event would be pretty much out of there by 2:30pm. Plenty of potential new customers for DCA already in place, plenty of additional DCI ticket buyers (DCA fans and participants in town). Despite what many think, DCI and DCA already work together nicely. A DCA component in Allentown that same weekend could help the bottom line of BOTH organizations.

Worth a look!

:rolleyes:

Sorta like what the grand Prix and Hershey use to be.

Doubt it would happen since East is alot of work For DCI. Alot of the DCI corps practice at their housing site before going to the show. So where would DCA corps Practice before hand etc.. Don't get me wrong I like the idea.. But the other dci shows you say they get along well at are smallers dci shows and the Georgia show its only what 2 dca corps .. Not five.

Also from some of the comments over on the DCI page about bridgemen alumni. I see alot of kids today 1 Don care about yester year. (meaning the 70's,80's or 90's you know the years that got them where they are now shoot even dci doesn't I mean the theatre count down goes back how far ) 2. are really misinformed about the competing Corps of DCA. But thats another thread.

sound soo good and so simple to us. but it not a reality. Remember there is no drum corps after you age out... ugh!