If VK had been in World Class these past few years...

BD- The whole attitude thing and maybe the Absurd theme.

Cavies- Drill, ladders, and Spin Cycle guard.

PR- Spartacus, with a shark!

Cadets- Narration and The Zone, especially the Alice guard member.

Crown- The cheese.

SCV- The Viper or the V.

a shark with a laser beam on its head. I miss VK being in the top 12.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BTW,

I love their uniform!

Yes, their uniforms are a giant improvement over what they had back in the 80's. Whenever I see their 1980's uni's ....... a song starts rolling through my head ..... hmmm,how did it go..... it goes like this:

"Hold the pickles, hold the lettuce, special orders won't upset us!"

"Have it your way, have it your way, Have it your way, at VK!"

Burger King (BK) and Velvet Knights (VK) have almost the same initials. That is ironic, because they had almost identical uniforms.

They should have an exhibition performance between the last corps performing and awards on Saturday night! That'd be perfect. Almost like Family Guy! LOL :lol:

VK is performing for DCI's opening ceremony Monday night.

Nonono.....shark swallows DM...DM cuts way out of shark from inside...THEN "I Am Sharkakus!"

:lol: The shark would have to eat one of the guard gals too.

And a miked, muffled "I...AM...SPARTACUS!" from deep inside!! :lol:

WIN!!!

-- VK had some really good drumlines back in the day and I could see them spoofing BD's battery move of a couple years back where they ran like crazy by a rack of cymbals. VK would do the same, running in between each other ("Sorry!" "Excuse Me!"), etc. In the middle of the running cymbal rack gag a guard person would throw a dummy drummer over the whole move and try to hit a dedicated cymbal set on a stand to give it a "3D" effect.

-- A combo old SCV/new GC spoof where a group enters a tunnel on one side, and exits the other wearing khaki pants and green DCI shirts. Presto, another 30 judges.

-- The shark would eat a field judge or one of the sideline interviewers.

-- White chairs and ear trumpets would be offered to field judges at random spots in the show.

Edited by TRacer

Yes, their uniforms are a giant improvement over what they had back in the 80's. Whenever I see their 1980's uni's

DEL TACO........?

Edited by BigDale

Gosh I wish VK was in World Class. I'd march for them tomorrow if they weren't on the other side of the country.

If I were younger, I'd relocate just to get in on the action.

I was thinking about doing the same and march Bridgemen, but they died before I could follow through.

Once I marched Sky Ryders, I became Loyal to them.

You know, why don't people go and watch VK perform at Championships this week. It's a great show and vintage VK. They are mocking BD, mainly from last year and this year. Check them out! You will have a blast. It matters not they are open class or world class.