2010 DCI Tickets: WHEEEEEEEE!

Does the NCAA not "benifit" from those Universities?

Does DCI not "benifit" from the Corps?

yes, as DCI benefits from having its member corps.

But, what does that have to do with prime seats for some parent just because they paid to have their son/daughter march somewhere. if they want a ticket...pony up and buy one. Simple.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and if the kids in DCI get a lot of sponsorships...which many do...it can boil down to the same thing.

but the school doesnt give them seats for free or pay to fly em into games.

My parents got free tickets all the time when my brother played football. And this was a huge SEC school also. A lot of the families did from what I'm told.

My parents got free tickets all the time when my brother played football. And this was a huge SEC school also. A lot of the families did from what I'm told.

lucky them. in some places, that gets nailed as a violation.

It would work the same as other charities. You'd get a tax donor letter from DCI stating the value of your tax deduction under IRS rules, which you can use on a personal return if you itemize deductions. (Corporate taxes work differently, but there's still some provision for deducting charitable contributions. Many of the companies that sponsor DCI, like Pearl, do it through Friends of DCI, and they make some of the biggest donations, and get some whomping ticket packages in return.)

In your example, Granny, the deductible amount would be $2,500 minus the face value of the tickets you get and minus the retail value of other premiums you receive, as determined by DCI. So you'd get to deduct some of it, but not all of it.

It's very little after all the perks are taken out. This includes the membership fees for the FN, etc. I know it's only a couple hundred.

BTW, fees may be going up at the end of the year so purchase now if you want to go that route.

Edited by Whiskey

and some corps give comp tickets for their own local show...what's the deal here?

Not sure. What is the deal here? I just pointed out something some parents told me and now I'm in this back and forth discussion on it. I should of known better. lol

Quit playing the schill for your employers Mike, or JohnD might start having to charge DCI for ad space every time your fart out a post.

Not the way I would have put it, but the point is taken. (By me, anyway.)

DCI's just testing the market. Hard for me to fault them for that. Either they're going to sell those seats out and have the prices justified, or they're going to scare away enough fans and leave some money on the table. If it's the latter, they'll have to re-adjust their strategy, and the market will probably normalize.

Something tells me they found those seats selling out incredibly fast, and believe that they can make more money off of them next year. I'd rather spend less money for those seats, but if I was in DCI's postition, I can't say I'd do anything different. They're charging a premium price for a premium product. What company with preservation on the mind doesn't do that?

As for me, I'll have to give it some thought. Part of my decision will be based off of my experience this year, and whether or not I can justify that kind of coin to get the very best seats in the house or not.

Edited by Keith Laubhan