2010 DCI Tickets: WHEEEEEEEE!

I feel bad for the parents who shove out $4,000 for their son or daughter to march drum corps, and then when they want to see him perform his last show, they must give another $2,500 just to get the best seats? And the analogy to pro sports is a poor one. This activity still relies on the parents for membership. Without them, there's no tour to began with. And this didn't come from me. This came from a "###### off" parent I know.

do parents get freebies to see their kids play big time college sports?

no

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

do parents get freebies to see their kids play big time college sports?

no

Tuition paid for??? Not having to pay tuition could save you what, $25,000-$50,000 for four years? Not bad.

Edited by Feathers Up

I feel bad for the parents who shove out $4,000 for their son or daughter to march drum corps, and then when they want to see him perform his last show, they must give another $2,500 just to get the best seats? And the analogy to pro sports is a poor one. This activity still relies on the parents for membership. Without them, there's no tour to began with. And this didn't come from me. This came from a "###### off" parent I know.

why should parents who give NOTHING to DCI directly get the benefit of the best seats in the house? I am confused. Perhaps the corps they gave the $4000 to should pony up for the best seats but not DCI.

why should parents who give NOTHING to DCI directly get the benefit of the best seats in the house? I am confused. Perhaps the corps they gave the $4000 to should pony up for the best seats but not DCI.

Who said anything about benefits? Never used the word did I?

Tuition paid for??? Not having to pay tuition could save you what, $25,000-$50,000 for four years? Not bad.

and if the kids in DCI get a lot of sponsorships...which many do...it can boil down to the same thing.

but the school doesnt give them seats for free or pay to fly em into games.

and for the tuition costs, the schools make a hell of a lot more off the kids in the long run

Many corps have good tickets available for parents, supporters, anyone, to purchase through their organization. I was too late to purchase super premium tickets for semis and finals but I did get premium, section 640 tickets (top of stadium center section) for both those shows from the Bluecoats. I also got super premium from the Bluecoats for quarters, but don't know the section yet.

that does not come from the NCAA in this analogy...it comes from the colleges/universities.

DCI = NCAA in this analogy

Corps = Universities

Does the NCAA not "benifit" from those Universities?

Does DCI not "benifit" from the Corps?

Edited by Feathers Up