2010 DCI Tickets: WHEEEEEEEE!

Wow! I did not realize that you have to go to the $2500 level to get the really good seats. I am sure everyone can find 10 folks to join in with them.

This just keeps getting better!

MIKE

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one shame in it I see is that the immediate families of the performers do not get any type of preferential seating like the families of the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, etc. performers. It's bad enough that some parents of performers have to sit in the end zones. But it's really sad when some parents cannot even afford to get in the stadium to see their kids perform. I know life's not fair, but that is still sad to me.

The one shame in it I see is that the immediate families of the performers do not get any type of preferential seating like the families of the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, etc. performers. It's bad enough that some parents of performers have to sit in the end zones. But it's really sad when some parents cannot even afford to get in the stadium to see their kids perform. I know life's not fair, but that is still sad to me.

I understand what you're saying, but the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, NCAA, etc. actually make large profits while DCI does not. I would imagine friends and family of the members are DCI's bread and butter and it would more than likely severely underscore their ticket sales.

I understand what you're saying, but the NBA, NFL, MLB, NASCAR, NCAA, etc. actually make large profits while DCI does not. I would imagine friends and family of the members are DCI's bread and butter and it would more than likely severely underscore their ticket sales.

I was not hinting at free tickets. But it would be nice to be able to sit somewhere better than the 10 yard line to see your own kid whose tour fee runs into the thousands. Block out one section of 100 or so seats around the 35 or 40 yardline so parents of each corps could sit there when their kids perform. They then leave and make room for the next corps' parents. It's gotten to the point that even parents who volunteer with corps for an entire summer have no seating available between the goal lines. Sad, very sad.

I can PROMISE one thing... I will NEVER, EVER buy finals tickets from DCI again. Not as long as I live. Not after getting screwed last year. They moved to an inferior stadium (at least as far as comfort, ammenities, and distance are concerned) and didn't offer ANYTHING to the people who had already purchased Fab5 tickets. Excuse me? I paid $600 for 2 tickets, and this is how I get treated. BS.

I'll buy the tickets from someone privately if I want to go again. But never again from DCI. They just simply can't be bothered with making fans happy.

I'm recovering from dealing with a number of personal setbacks involving the family. But things are getting better. Many have experienced this sort of thing after loss. The support of friends has been invaluable, as has been the support of professionals.

even if you are super quirky and a DCI shill :rolleyes: , we love you

I can PROMISE one thing... I will NEVER, EVER buy finals tickets from DCI again. Not as long as I live. Not after getting screwed last year. They moved to an inferior stadium (at least as far as comfort, ammenities, and distance are concerned) and didn't offer ANYTHING to the people who had already purchased Fab5 tickets. Excuse me? I paid $600 for 2 tickets, and this is how I get treated. BS.

I'll buy the tickets from someone privately if I want to go again. But never again from DCI. They just simply can't be bothered with making fans happy.

i'll say this for DCI.....they were in a no win situation last year. really, IMO, they did the best they could given the issues they faced

ya - that's the way to do it. Way to stick it to The Man.

Wow! I did not realize that you have to go to the $2500 level to get the really good seats. I am sure everyone can find 10 folks to join in with them.

Has this been verified? I know that the super-premium seats are only included with the Platinum package, but in the past you could always pay the difference between the premium and super-premium seats if you were a member at a lower level.

I can't imagine that DCI will have so many platinum friends as to fill all those sections.

For what it's worth, a Platinum membership includes 6 tix and is $2500. It comes out to $418 per ticket, and you have an option to buy 4 more at $300 which brings the average down to $370. On a per ticket basis, the increase isn't particularly onerous, especially considering the other benefits. But when you multiply by 4-5 for a family, I can see where they might be pricing themselves out of that market.