2010 DCI Tickets: WHEEEEEEEE!

. . . or, we riff raff buy the "best seats" that inevitably open up each year somehow, someway and make it to the show just like everyone else does, no matter if the seat we bought was part of a $5000.00 Friends member who couldn't go or we were just just the fastest clicker on eBay.

Either way, I end up pretty close to you every year.

You may want to change seats. :thumbup:

Now...I also like this post because it just goes to show you that a little good 'ol fashioned smarts will pay off in this country without a bunch of complaining attached to it.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congratulations. You love the activity more than all of us because you pay more. I, on the other hand, have to fork out my money to rent, college tuition, and a car payment that doesn't seem like it's ever going to end. I'm not a cheapskate complainer, I'm a broke college student that sees even cheap seats becoming even more outrageously expensive. Granted, this time next year I will likely be marching, but as of right now it's very aggravating that I'm going to have to be making 6 figures to be able to comfortably attend finals when I age out.

so don't tell me to stop #####ing. You enjoy the show from your pretentiously overstated "best seats", while I chop off my left leg to be able to watch the show from the 5 yard line. Not all of us are made of money.

:thumbup:

I don't love the activity more than you, I simply have set my priorities for what I spend my money on.

I'm not made of money. I "chopped off my left leg" to bust my ### and MAKE my money. Maybe you will, too, when you grow up IF you learn to stop expecting hand outs for things that are now outside your reach. If you learn anything from the marching years ahead of you I hope, for your sake, that's it.

My seats aren't pretentious; they're in high demand, as evidence this thread.

And when you grow up maybe, just maybe, you'll get tired of all the whiners and want to share a lesson with them about hard work getting you what you really want. I worked for me. We can only hope it works for you.

. . . or, we riff raff buy the "best seats" that inevitably open up each year somehow, someway and make it to the show just like everyone else does, no matter if the seat we bought was part of a $5000.00 Friends member who couldn't go or we were just just the fastest clicker on eBay.

Either way, I end up pretty close to you every year.

You may want to change seats. :thumbup:

:worthy:

Exactly. And that's the beauty of the great country we live in. You choose your way, I choose mine. But you don't b##ch about it and try to put down either of our ways. Way to go.

After the tax deduction and selling seats I don't use my 50 yard line seats cost me about $200 each. I choose to spend the money and save my clicking finger.

More power to both of us.

I have to be 'friends" with DCI to get the best seats?

Well, DCI and I are really more acquaintances now. He would be my friend if he actually paid for his drink when we go out, and if he payed me back after sitting on my XBOX.

Wait, what are we arguing about again?

I don't love the activity more than you, I simply have set my priorities for what I spend my money on.

I'm not made of money. I "chopped off my left leg" to bust my a## and MAKE my money. Maybe you will, too, when you grow up IF you learn to stop expecting hand outs for things that are now outside your reach. If you learn anything from the marching years ahead of you I hope, for your sake, that's it.

My seats aren't pretentious; they're in high demand, as evidence this thread.

And when you grow up maybe, just maybe, you'll get tired of all the whiners and want to share a lesson with them about hard work getting you what you really want. I worked for me. We can only hope it works for you.

after 18 years of wandering around in the dark world of ignorance, your post has changed my outlook on life. Thank you so much.

They don’t get a penny from me until I see and hear that stadium

Again, your choice. But consider: What if the venue is perfect? What if you can't wait to go again? When you do pony up you'll be on the list waiting for me to die so you can get my seat.

If you love the activity you have to trust that the powers that be, who depend on our money for their livlihood, will do what's necessary to keep the activity vibrant and attractive to continue to draw people to continue their livlihood.

If you think they will allow reeds on the sidelines and change the name to MBI then stop paying the costs and stop going.

If you think Dan Acheson wants to continue this great gig then get in line and on the list.

If you don't, then don't and step aside for someone who's not a conspiracy theory nut.

I have to be 'friends" with DCI to get the best seats?

Well, DCI and I are really more acquaintances now. He would be my friend if he actually paid for his drink when we go out, and if he payed me back after sitting on my XBOX.

Wait, what are we arguing about again?

Well, if you like spending time with him the drinks may turn into dinner. Then soon, maybe, a weekend away together. And maybe, just maybe, you'll get the "best seat" you've been hoping for. :worthy:

But you gotta pay for drinks first...