Pick ONE THING you love this year

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The very tight hunt for 12th!

Crown's ballad when its just glock and vibes.....most of the corps frozen in a pose.

You could hear a pin drop. Beautifully understated, simple, and effective.

The gradual return of Promise of Living at the end of Crown's show. Gave me goose bumps the first time I heard it.

Fixed it for ya. :thumbup:

Please tell me youre kidding. If not, I as a 15 year teacher of percussion youth, will be embarassed that I didnt notice.

Come to think of it, yeah. Though, that sound could have easily been created by glock and vibes. Thats another story for another day.

Whatever. I still dig it the most!

Please tell me youre kidding. If not, I as a 15 year teacher of percussion youth, will be embarassed that I didnt notice.

Come to think of it, yeah. Though, that sound could have easily been created by glock and vibes. Thats another story for another day.

Whatever. I still dig it the most!

Yup, it's a synth player. They did this part about 5 times in a row at one rehearsal I attended. I had no idea before that either. Probably the most tasteful use of synth so far.

Yup, it's a synth player. They did this part about 5 times in a row at one rehearsal I attended. I had no idea before that either. Probably the most tasteful use of synth so far.

Wait, both of those instruments work fine as actual instruments, and are completely allowed in the pit. Why are they using synth rather than actual glock and vibes?

SCV company front through the 24 count note.

Wait, both of those instruments work fine as actual instruments, and are completely allowed in the pit. Why are they using synth rather than actual glock and vibes?

They're using a celeste patch (the staff even referred to the instrument as a "celeste").