Pick ONE THING you love this year

Yup, it's a synth player. They did this part about 5 times in a row at one rehearsal I attended. I had no idea before that either. Probably the most tasteful use of synth so far.

I thought about this for the last 5 mins.

I think my brain is not used to the possibility that what sounds like traditional pit instruments, or a sound that is close to it, could come from a synth/electronics. My brain just assumes its all whooshes/dings and tuba parts an octave down.

Back on topic....I like the depth of quality within each individual batteries (in other words, bass 5's are pretty good drummers now, not just a guy who plays on One) and depth of quality through out the activilty From BD, to Pioneer/Surf/Scades.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I know I'm only supposed to have one, but I have to give a shout to The Academy, I hope they pull into finals, though what the Troopers are doing is awesome as well...

SCV front.... if I had young children, they'd of been hurled.

Happy Days.

This...in chairs. Honestly, I know a lot of people like to complain about the chairs, but this moment is cool. It has attitude...I'm not just gonna blow your face off, but I'm gonna kick back and relax while I do. (Not that they "relax", but it is definitely the vibe they give off).

I love lamp...

I love lamp!

This...in chairs. Honestly, I know a lot of people like to complain about the chairs, but this moment is cool. It has attitude...I'm not just gonna blow your face off, but I'm gonna kick back and relax while I do. (Not that they "relax", but it is definitely the vibe they give off).

Totally agree. I love that moment in BD's show. From the moment they sit down, to the musically placed ripples; everything just works for me.

SCV company front and Crown's arrangement of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and Somewhere from West Side Story tie for me....definitely a goose bump moment for me.

Has to be SCV Company front. I was feeling melancholy the other day, watched the show on VOD, and wept openly. There aren't too many things that can affect me like that.

the pretzels