Crown is Going to Win

Close but BD are strong this year with little if any weakness. Agree with the SCV move up and VERY true - they get the goosebump award this year!

:inlove:

You stole my post! :thumbup:

Agreed, completely. Crown is the emotional favorite (for some) because they are the outsider with the chops to break into the Big Dogs Club....and they are ready. BD left an opening last year coming into finals, but ScoJo has shut it tight this year! So whoever wants to beat BD this year is going to have to beat them at everything they do! And just as a reminder:

CURRENT HIGH SCORES FOR THE SEASON:

Overall Score Blue Devils 96.300 8/2

Overall Performance Blue Devils 17.100 7/3

Overall GE Blue Devils 38.700 8/2

Overall Visual Blue Devils 28.900 7/29

Overall Music Blue Devils 34.100 7/3

Percussion Blue Devils 19.400 7/31

Brass Cavaliers 19.200 7/30

Guard Holy Name Cadets 19.300 8/2

GE Visual Blue Devils 19.500 7/31

GE Music Blue Devils 19.600 8/2

Visual Performance Blue Devils 19.400 7/29

Visual Ensemble Blue Devils 19.300 7/31

Music Ensemble Blue Devils 19.400 8/2

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Crown's show this year. I really do think it is an amazing production. BUT, I just really don't see them winning unless they have cleaned up A LOT from Atlanta. They were noticeably dirtier than everyone else in the top 5 (visually speaking). But then again, it isn't me judging Saturday night....

They have cleaned alot. They were like 2 points away from BD in Atlanta and now they are less a point away from them so i figure they cleaned alot. And also they added stuff for Allentown so once that is clean I think they will be challenging for first.

I love it...but they need to be in a visual rehearsal! ....scrub that dirt out scrub that dirt out!!

Yea I love Crown but at Allentown i did see some dirty spots in the show...... but I am thinking if we are able to see it, the staff sees that and will work on that alot. I was at the Bluecoats practice Friday before they performed in Allentown, and they spent 3 hours running parts of the show that were the worse parts and kept running that over and over again so as long as Crown works their ##### off on the visual part of the show they could be challenging for first place

They have cleaned alot. They were like 2 points away from BD in Atlanta and now they are less a point away from them so i figure they cleaned alot. And also they added stuff for Allentown so once that is clean I think they will be challenging for first.

I find it entertaining when people say things like this. Guess what? EVERY corps is doing the exact same thing this week. Cleaning, and adding in those last minute extras to push them over the edge.

I believe BD will come out on top this year, but I also hope Crown and SCV can surge a bit. Either way, it's going to be a very entertaining weekend! :thumbup:

I just watched several of the top 12 corps shows again tonight, both Allentown and the Designer Commentary shows. I am convinced that Crown is going to win this thing. Their show has morphed into something awesome, and it looks like they could still grow. There were some areas they had just added for Allentown and I could hear some of the dirt. Yet they are still scoring really high. The end of Puck was unbelievable, watch it at 6:14 - 6:38. Holy Shnikes!

I totally agree...that's exactly what I predicted

BD will win, Crown will be third at best, SCV has a shot at 4th, Bluecoats will be 6th, BK could take 9th, Glassmen will be 11th, and hopefully Troopers will be 12th. and this just in, Spirit better be careful or Jersey Surf might just take 17th from them. also, I wouldn't be surprised if Cascades finally get out of the last spot and take Pioneer.

I dont think Crown will do that bad like your saying and the Bluecoats I dont think will be 6th.... they have an amazing show this year!

I dont think Crown will do that bad like your saying and the Bluecoats I dont think will be 6th.... they have an amazing show this year!

Oh man, 3rd would not be bad for Crown at all.

And for Bluecoats to get above 6th, who do you expect them to beat? I'm not trying to be sarcastic here, I mean really... who do YOU think they'll overcome to get into the top 5?

I see BD maintaining the lead overall but in progressively smaller increments (based purely on the fact that as the high scorer they had less to work on and therefore less room to improve said score).

Spots #2-3 are very heard for me because I can totally see both SCV and Crown working their way in there while just as easily seeing The Cadets and The Cavaliers. Basically spots #2-5 could be any combination of HNC, The Cavaliers, Carolina Crown, and SCV and I would have no problem with it.

I saw Crown this past weekend at Giants stadium. While I agree they have an EXCELLENT show, I think we have to look at a few things.

First, BD has been absolutely unstoppable the entire season. They've had the highest caption scores overall and the highest averages the entire season. Sure, we can look at facts from the past; Phantom passed them at finals last year; someone even brought up the fact that they were undefeated the entire 1995 season and then Cavies and Cadets passed them by finals. But in my opinion, after what happened last year, I am sure they are not letting up one bit.

Second, Cadets beat Crown in Giants by .5. Cadets are known to clean meticulously at the end of the season. I have a feeling since they have an excellent show this year and the fans love them so much more this year compared to other years, this will motivate them to get even cleaner by quarters.

Third, Cavaliers will have had 5 rehearsal days (I think) by the time Quarters rolls around. They're show may not be as exciting in the eyes of some, but I am sure with all those rehearsal days, they will have cleaned the #### out of their show. So counting them out is a completely ridiculous notion.

Fourth, after SCV's score in Buffalo (?), I really don't think we can count them out of this either. They seem to have a show that people are loving this year, and that will probably motivate the kids to work even harder to perfect it.

So while I agree Crown CAN win this thing, the competition at the top is thick and will probably get even thicker once Championships roll around.

We'll see what happens.

1.65 to be exact! Just sayin'! :thumbup: