Crown is Going to Win

It could happen

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am getting a similar feeling from Crown this year as I got from Phantom last year, but to a lessor degree. Last year, I truly thought Phantom would win the championship even before Quarterfinals.... this year, I believe Crown will really make a push, but just fall a little short to the Blue Devils... like 2 or 3 tenths.

1. I am not sure Crown can do enough cleaning this week to close the gap to BD enough.

2. I think BD is a little stronger than last year, especially in the percussion section.

For Crown to win, I think they have to at least tie BD in overall effect and win two out of the three music captions. I think they can win Music Ensemble (that has been their best caption all year), but Brass or Percussion will take a monumental effort to overtake BD. As for visual, I really don't see Crown taking any of these captions from BD except maybe colorguard (depends on who is judging). I think the most Crown fans can hope for is for them to be just close enough in all visual captions to let their music make up the difference.

Of course, the Cadets have been known to go crazy with their meticulous cleaning in the last week, so it would not surprise me a bit to see them as the corps that makes the surge towards BD. But... I do think Crown's show is a little more likely to get the Effect numbers required to overtake the Blue Devils.

You and your logical, sequential thinking again... :thumbup:

And for all that...it's not a given. The corps with the highest score could tie.

I think they do have a chance. Did you see tink at the end of puck how outstanding. I love tink. Go Crown!

I don't think that anyone has a realistic chance of catching BD this year....but that's what I thought last year too. :thumbup:

I went on StubHub and found an awesome pair of tickets in the Super Premium section. I didn't tell my wife, and just bought them.

I told her I'm not banking on a Crown win, because the odds tell me they won't win.....but if it happened, I will cry all the way back to North Carolina. I already told her I'm going to cry during retreat anyway.

Big Crown Fan here in New Jersey. They played great in Giants Stadium this past Sunday. The Carolina Crown had a big cheering section for them. Glad to see them develop a national following. It was a Holy Name Cadets hosted show so they attracted the most loyal followers being their home base is the next state over. I'll be pulling like crazy for the Crown to win but would not be surprised if the Holy Name Cadets won. They have an awesome show also.

I think crown will make the jump to 2nd at quarterfinals coming up just short of BD... cavies and cadets will be fighting for 3rd... with cadets winning that battle. Then semi's crown creeps past BD and cadets opening the gap on Cavies. Finals, 1-2 punch with East coast taking the top 2 spots... :-D

I am getting a similar feeling from Crown this year as I got from Phantom last year, but to a lessor degree. Last year, I truly thought Phantom would win the championship even before Quarterfinals.... this year, I believe Crown will really make a push, but just fall a little short to the Blue Devils... like 2 or 3 tenths.

1. I am not sure Crown can do enough cleaning this week to close the gap to BD enough.

2. I think BD is a little stronger than last year, especially in the percussion section.

For Crown to win, I think they have to at least tie BD in overall effect and win two out of the three music captions. I think they can win Music Ensemble (that has been their best caption all year), but Brass or Percussion will take a monumental effort to overtake BD. As for visual, I really don't see Crown taking any of these captions from BD except maybe colorguard (depends on who is judging). I think the most Crown fans can hope for is for them to be just close enough in all visual captions to let their music make up the difference.

Of course, the Cadets have been known to go crazy with their meticulous cleaning in the last week, so it would not surprise me a bit to see them as the corps that makes the surge towards BD. But... I do think Crown's show is a little more likely to get the Effect numbers required to overtake the Blue Devils.

This is the most sensical way of looking at it...how well can Crown do in the individual captions compared to those that are (BD) or seem to be (Cadets) currently ahead of them, and even those just behind (SCV, Cavies).

BD will win, Crown will be third at best, SCV has a shot at 4th, Bluecoats will be 6th, BK could take 9th, Glassmen will be 11th, and hopefully Troopers will be 12th. and this just in, Spirit better be careful or Jersey Surf might just take 17th from them. also, I wouldn't be surprised if Cascades finally get out of the last spot and take Pioneer.

I just watched several of the top 12 corps shows again tonight, both Allentown and the Designer Commentary shows. I am convinced that Crown is going to win this thing. Their show has morphed into something awesome, and it looks like they could still grow. There were some areas they had just added for Allentown and I could hear some of the dirt. Yet they are still scoring really high. The end of Puck was unbelievable, watch it at 6:14 - 6:38. Holy Shnikes!

And secondarily, but no less important, I feel the SCV is going to move up. Their show has "classic" written all over it and I would be surprised if they didn't overtake either the Cavaliers or both HNC and the Cavaliers. The constant denial of a FFF company front until very near the end is the biggest goosebumps of the year. The show is a whole, clean and uncluttered masterpiece.

Here is my top 5 placement:

1. Carolina Crown

2. Blue Devils

3. Santa Clara Vanguard

4. Holy Name Cadets

5. Cavaliers

Flame away, but it's just my opinion...

Close but BD are strong this year with little if any weakness. Agree with the SCV move up and VERY true - they get the goosebump award this year!

:thumbup: