Crown is Going to Win

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They MIGHT be able to pull ahead of SCV, I agree on what bradrick said about it. I think it all depends on the GE of the shows. I am not saying Bluecoats will pass SCV..... they both have amazing shows but Bluecoats might have a chance to pull ahead of SCV.

I could see that. I don't think it will happen, but maybe they will prove me wrong, and SCV would be the one corps I could see them jumping ahead of (although I'm sure most of DCP disagrees with that).

That being said, I have a really hard time discussing who should beat whom... I really enjoy SCV, Cadets, Crown, and Bluecoats, and even though I don't enjoy them, I appreciate why Cavies and BD are scoring so well.

Really?!?! Its says on DCI's website its like half a point

Not 100% sure which shows you're talking about, but are you talking about BD vs. Crown head-to-head, or the Allentown scores where BD played Friday and Crown played Saturday?

I would bet that's where the discrepancy is: most people don't take non head-to-head shows as seriously as head-to-head, even when it's the same judges. It's a different dynamic , when judges are show X are comparing one set of corps (3 of the ranked Top 4), while the same judges compare another set of corps (only 1 of the current Top 4).

Personally, I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for Crown to pull off an unheard of win at Championships (first non-Top 3 corps to win post tick era), but I think it's fairly improbable. Crown is a great corps, and I think it's likely they'll be Top 3, maybe even 2nd; but I think they are a year away from legitimately competing for the Championship.

They haven't beaten Blue Devils head to head yet (ever, right?), and until they can come closer than 1.5 points to them head-to-head I think talk of them realistically competing for the Championship this year is laughable.

But who knows: maybe they'll clean their show like crazy and come out of the gates slamming tomorrow. I'd LOVE nothing more than to prove me wrong, kill the CI theory, make history, and 'force' DCI to make room for a new powerhouse. I've always liked Crown, and it would be great to see them win. But it's also great seeing them contend for Top 3, and I think if they place better than last year we'll all be happy!

They MIGHT be able to pull ahead of SCV, I agree on what bradrick said about it. I think it all depends on the GE of the shows. I am not saying Bluecoats will pass SCV..... they both have amazing shows but Bluecoats might have a chance to pull ahead of SCV.

I don't think so. Show design and execution wise Bluecoats are no where near SCV. Frankly, Bluecoats are lucky Phantom has such a horrible show design this year or they would find themselves on the outside looking into Top 6.

There show isn't horrible, but it's clearly (design wise) no where near the Top 5.

That is sooo funny because it's so literal and obvious! How original and witty of you! I totally haven't seen that in every prediction thread the past oh 7 years!

awww, you care

I don't think so. Show design and execution wise Bluecoats are no where near SCV. Frankly, Bluecoats are lucky Phantom has such a horrible show design this year or they would find themselves on the outside looking into Top 6.

There show isn't horrible, but it's clearly (design wise) no where near the Top 5.

yeah I don't see that at all. I watched all the shows at allentown and I thought their design and performance was just as good as Cavaliers and was suprised they were 3 points back.

And before you call it bias, I will be the first one to say that when I watch a corps show I am usually the most critical of the bluecoats but this year I think their show is at that upper level and don't know why they aren't getting any credit for it.

And as for Phantom, they are lucky their brass and drums are so good this year cause they are having some uncharacteristically trouble with marching this year. It may be the drill just isn't written in a way to make it look good or they just aren't getting it, but there were some moves on friday that looked like a hot mess.

yeah I don't see that at all. I watched all the shows at allentown and I thought their design and performance was just as good as Cavaliers and was suprised they were 3 points back.

Wow. It's not that I want to scream bias due to your affiliation as a FMM of the corps in question (who WOULDN'T want to see their corps do great against the big dogs). But you REALLY think, with zero bias, that Bluecoats "design and performance was just as good as Cavaliers?!?!"

Just...wow.

FWIW, I have zero bias for or against any corps competing, and I think Bluecoats are exactly where they should be: a comfortable 6th place with a bit of a wide margin between them and 5th, and them and 7th.

They perform pretty well (at least musically, and visual is OK), but they are clearly behind the Top 5, and clearly ahead of the Bottom 6 of Finalist caliber corps. Their show design is pretty spotty, but it's better than most below them and their performance helps make up for the design flaws.

But I don't think there's anyway that they'll move up: or move down, for that matter.

** EDIT **

It should also be noted their last head-to-head with SCV they lost to Vanguard by over 2 points. While it's not impossible to make up that 2 points this week, it's improbable. Phantom Regiment (who they last saw in Atlanta) was closer to beating Bluecoats than Bluecoats are to beating SCV; and I think Phantom deficit (1.35) is WAY more possible to be made up in TWO weeks, than Bluecoats - SCV's 2.2 points in less than a week.

We'll see, but again, I think at best Bluecoats stay 6th, and at worst they are edged out by Phantom at land in 7th (though you can argue that Phantom going back and forth with BAC means Bluecoats MIGHT be endanger of dropping a couple of slots, but I think Bluecoats will fight off Regiment and stay 6th).

Edited by perc2100

Wow. It's not that I want to scream bias due to your affiliation as a FMM of the corps in question (who WOULDN'T want to see their corps do great against the big dogs). But you REALLY think, with zero bias, that Bluecoats "design and performance was just as good as Cavaliers?!?!"

Just...wow.

FWIW, I have zero bias for or against any corps competing, and I think Bluecoats are exactly where they should be: a comfortable 6th place with a bit of a wide margin between them and 5th, and them and 7th.

They perform pretty well (at least musically, and visual is OK), but they are clearly behind the Top 5, and clearly ahead of the Bottom 6 of Finalist caliber corps. Their show design is pretty spotty, but it's better than most below them and their performance helps make up for the design flaws.

But I don't think there's anyway that they'll move up: or move down, for that matter.

** EDIT **

It should also be noted their last head-to-head with SCV they lost to Vanguard by over 2 points. While it's not impossible to make up that 2 points this week, it's improbable. Phantom Regiment (who they last saw in Atlanta) was closer to beating Bluecoats than Bluecoats are to beating SCV; and I think Phantom deficit (1.35) is WAY more possible to be made up in TWO weeks, than Bluecoats - SCV's 2.2 points in less than a week.

We'll see, but again, I think at best Bluecoats stay 6th, and at worst they are edged out by Phantom at land in 7th (though you can argue that Phantom going back and forth with BAC means Bluecoats MIGHT be endanger of dropping a couple of slots, but I think Bluecoats will fight off Regiment and stay 6th).

Well I feel what they are doing is on par with cavaliers and from a performance standpoint I saw just as much dirt in cavies drill. I dont think the Coats should be beating Cavies but I thought the 3 point spread was too big for the show. I think that the coats should have been no more than 1.5 back from cavies and should be a solid 3 points ahead of the PR/BAC/BS cluster for 7th.

I don't see Coats catching the top 5 this year, but I dont think they should be as far behind that group as they are. As I said before I usually am the first one to see the problems in the Coats show and tend to be over critical because I want them to do so well. In 2007 when I saw them in Allentown was the first time I felt they actually had a show and performed it well enough to truly be beating the top corps. I never felt their 2006 show was of the caliber to put them in the top, and it can be seen by the fact that their 4th place score is lower than their 2005 (5th), 2007 (7th), and tied with 2008 (6th) scores. And this year at allentown I saw a show from them which I truly felt was of the same caliber as the top corps.