Goosebump Award this year - who?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The very thought that the Troopers MIGHT make finals.

Luv SCV. No doubt. Aside from the score...guard in large sweeping skirts, ballet-theme, scatter drill into a company front, and classy exit off the back side-line... but it's all been done before. ALL of it. Yes, App Spring has been done by many corps over the decades, but no one can deny the close similarities of this year's SCV show to Garfield Cadets 1987 Championship show.

Is it a coincidence that the designer for the SCV production this year also marched Garfield 1987?

I'd love to give credit where credit is due, so thank you Garfield.

Edited by marchedmanymoonsago

Id like to add Crossmen's ballad to this list. Screamer into big impact.

SCV & Scouts performing their corps songs for each other in the parking lot at Allentown.

Does it for me!

Luv SCV. No doubt. Aside from the score...guard in large sweeping skirts, ballet-theme, scatter drill into a company front, and classy exit off the back side-line... but it's all been done before. ALL of it. Yes, App Spring has been done by many corps over the decades, but no one can deny the close similarities of this year's SCV show to Garfield Cadets 1987 Championship show.

Is it a coincidence that the designer for the SCV production this year also marched Garfield 1987?

Really? There of course similarities. But how each approaches the piece is very different from my view. I watched 87 Cadets again just now for about the 100th time it seems. And the guard approach is pretty different. SCV is all about Martha!! Scatter drill into the company front at the end is also different. Cadets don't hit the company front until the final hit. Exit back side-line could be a tribute. Although they've all done that before. SCV's approach is one of constant build and staying true to the original as much as possible. Cadets opened up a lot more throughout the show also. They have two of those moments in the first few minutes. SCV doesn't. Oh, and SCV played App Spring before 87. Even though it's been pointed out a lot on here.

Maybe your right - maybe we should be giving credit to the originals - the Vanguard, the Des Plaines Vanguard.

:unhappy:

Edited by amadorj

I loved the whole SCV show and BD gave me some too