Goosebump Award this year - who?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets had a ton. The company front was a biggie for me. Kinda took it as a knock on Phantom, like you can do it in rehearsal, but we'll do it in our show.

SCV had a few moments.

Even Boston had some with Bacchanal.

I'm not a fan of body movement, but when Crown was doing the leg move and playing loud, that was great.

Luv SCV. No doubt. Aside from the score...guard in large sweeping skirts, ballet-theme, scatter drill into a company front, and classy exit off the back side-line... but it's all been done before. ALL of it. Yes, App Spring has been done by many corps over the decades, but no one can deny the close similarities of this year's SCV show to Garfield Cadets 1987 Championship show.

Is it a coincidence that the designer for the SCV production this year also marched Garfield 1987?

I'd love to give credit where credit is due, so thank you Garfield.

THIS AGAIN??? blahblahblah. You know what? It's getting real old. Give it rest already! :unhappy:

Having said that...

Goosebumps for me? It goes without saying. Vanguard all the way. No if's and's or but's about it.

Edited by skajerk

Goosebumps?

Watching The Colts' semifinal performance. They knew that their chances for a finals berth were slim due the .95 spread and The Trooper mystique after quarters. But they simply "brought it" at semis. The crowd felt; the kids felt it.

One of my highlights...