FYI: Cavies pull out of I & E competition today

What does this have to do with anything?

The idea that the entire corps should stay out in the sun to rehearse and avoid a day in the AC supporting participants doesn't really go in line with saving them members from getting sick.

This sudden decision raises two questions for me:

1. How is I&E participation any more of a disease risk than any other public performance like Allentown, or quarterfinals?

2. Are they isolating the corps (and instructional staff) from parents, friends and fans? Some of them carry germs too.

Have you been to I&E before? Performances are generally in small rooms that are often filled beyond their capacity. People tend to get more sick in the winter. Why? Because they spend more time indoors, around other people.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...2. Are they isolating the corps (and instructional staff) from parents, friends and fans? Some of them carry germs too...

Loool, can anyone say girlfriends coming to visit? :)

This is purely a competitive move. They CAN'T implement new changes with members gone. Between the travel time, time at I&E and the return trip it would pretty much keep any new changes from being implemented. It is as simple as that. I love the cavaliers and I think they should have just decided to make this change much earlier. One of my good friends is up in Indy and FLEW in a few days early to see his roommate play.

What is "this change"?

Have you been to I&E before? Performances are generally in small rooms that are often filled beyond their capacity. People tend to get more sick in the winter. Why? Because they spend more time indoors, around other people.

Yes, they do....much more than the five minutes an I&E performance takes, in fact.

Yes, they do....much more than the five minutes an I&E performance takes, in fact.

And once again, he doesn't address the fact that if this were the case all of the competing corps should not attend I&E. This event wouldn't just keep the cavaliers unsafe.

It just points out how ridiculous the notion is.

I have always loved the Cavies. They have always been grade A, a true classy organization.

This statement today just disappointed me. It doesn't make any sense at all.

To announce that they are not going to attend the I&E event so quickly. Are you following?

Yes, I'm following. You used the word change twice in your previous post. Once in reference to changes being made to the show. And once, we now know, in reference to the schedule change. I simply asked for clarification and I find your response and overall tone to be quite rude.

And once again, he doesn't address the fact that if this were the case all of the competing corps should not attend I&E. This event wouldn't just keep the cavaliers unsafe.

It just points out how ridiculous the notion is.

I have always loved the Cavies. They have always been grade A, a true classy organization.

This statement today just disappointed me. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Well, I guess you are special, because it doesn't seem to disappoint anyone else.

Edited by Tez

Decision and timing by Cavalier management makes all the more sense given news coming out of Blue Devils camp late last nite and early this morning. Bruno and team have much more insight as to situation, its evolution this summer and needs of the entire organization; and they have earned the trust and confidence without question.

Edited by parkbench

The flu is highly contagious. You could infect a packed room easily within 5 minutes. All it takes is one or two people coughing or sneezing. Droplets generally travel 3 to 6 feet. Not to mention most people to tend to cough or sneeze into their hands, then touch doors, railings, etc. Your chances for contracting the flu are much more likely in a confined space (such as a classroom), than say a football field.

Edited by dcsnare93