If I could ever design, Implement 1 song for a DCA show it would be...

All of those choices are fantastic, however I don't know if you were aware that all of them are Hans Zimmer pieces. I want to recall reading that they are on the "Don't even bother asking" list when it comes to permission for use.

Yeah, I knew they were mostly Zimmer compositions (other than Gabriel's Oboe) - but didn't know his peeps were so stingy about performance licensing though. Ah well, one can only fantasize...... :unhappy:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I knew they were mostly Zimmer compositions (other than Gabriel's Oboe) - but didn't know his peeps were so stingy about performance licensing though. Ah well, one can only fantasize...... :unhappy:

I stand corrected not all Zimmer's Pieces are restricted, but many of the good ones..Pirates and Gladiator are specifically listed. It's Thomas newman who is on the don't even ask list.

You can check it on the following page towards the bottoms are the clearly restricted stuff: BOA MUSIC COPYRIGHTS GUIDE

Edited by taters

Just some random ideas...

Ives - Country Band March. Nothing like a tune written to mimic two bad marching bands marching directly towards each other to get the creative juices flowing. In the right crowd, with the right approach, this would make a great parade tune.

Grainger - Lincolnshire Posy. Lost Lady Found gets a lot of play, but there's a lot of good material in the entire suite.

Lizst - Les Preludes - Hurcs did it in 80, but I'd like to see it done again

Dragonforce - Through the Fire and the Flames. Lots of fun notes in here - given a clever arranger, this could become a classic.

Weinberger - Polka and Fugue from Schwanda the Bagpiper. The original score calls for 15 herald trumpets to augment the orchestra.

Arnold - Orchestral soundtrack to "Independence Day." This soundtrack has some great material for interstitial pieces.

The Wall-Pink Floyd

Just about ANY Barry Manilow song could be adapted for drum corps. "I Write the Songs," "Weekend In New England," "One Voice," "When October Goes," and of course, "CopaCabana" have already been done. Awesome!

"One Voice" - opener, Garfield Cadets 1980.

Lizst - Les Preludes - Hurcs did it in 80, but I'd like to see it done again

Brilliant piece of music. Cavaliers played it in 1972. They played the part used as the theme from the old Buster Crabb Flash Gordon serial. Somehow they always came up with something that was hauntingly perfect.