Troopers make Finals!

congrats to Troopers....but shouldn't be at the expense of one of the finest shows out there ........ Colts................

Bluecoats ..even though very talented ...........in all areas especially perc............should have been left out......just on show design itself

First off............... that's your opinion.................. I liked the Colts but I liked Troopers better............... and that's my......................... opinion............ Second............... quit typing like this.............. I gave up on ........ your other thread after the 2nd ....................... line because................ I couldn't make ........................sense of...........................................................................

................................................................................

.................................................................................

. it.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's just great to see the Troop back in the top 12!

this is my biggest regret for not being able to be there tonight......to hear these words:

NOW ENTERING THE FIELD.....FROM CASPER WYOMING....THE TROOPERS!!!

Do what I'm doing. I'm having a friend call me and hold up the phone from the time they hit the tunnel to that announcement. Then they can turn off the phone and enjoy their show. :tongue:

It's just great to see the Troop back in the top 12!

I wish wish wish that I could have been there last night to see the age outs giving it up for Troopers in 12th place. I have a massive soft sport for when a corps gives respect to another corps like that. (i.e Suncoast putting their horns in a delta during '89 retreat for their fallen compeitor Spirit of Atlanta.) And this was ALL the corps. Fantastic!

I might have shed a tear had I seen what was described to me last night. Such a great gesture. I was told even the Colt age-outs were clapping. Too bad for them, Where's a tie when you need one?

Edited by jplattSCV

As a Troop alumni, I am so proud to have marched with these kids that have done such an amazing thing. I am proud to call them my friends and my family. They're amazing kids and I'm so happy that Troop has made it back into finals.

I will always proudly display my cross sabers permanently on my skin and in my heart!

Fred Morris should be named director of the year, hands down. No questions asked. Taking a year off, and then three years later, having Troop back in Finals? Yes.

HLD

Edit: I'm as equally as happy to see the amount of support the drum corps community has given Troop over the past few years. It's incredibly appreciated and it's good to hear. :]

Edited by Tory

For the record, I loved your show last year as well!

Thanks! I loved marching it! I'm just uber stoked I had the opportunity to come back for this season and vis. tech for a couple of weeks. What a fantastic time. I had missed them all so much. They deserve their place in finals!

It warms my heart to see so many congratulations from those associated with the Colts, Academy, and Scouts. Through it all, we are really one big drum corps family, coming to each other's aid in times of need or trouble. We all have a competitive spirit, but when it comes down to the activity we all dearly love and cherish, we set aside the competitive spirit to cheer on our brothers and sisters. And this is the gift drum corps has given us that the outside world doesn't understand and calls us all "nuts."

Thank you Colts, Academy, and Scouts for showing your love for the Troopers.

I haven't yet said this...but...

Even though I don't like the color guard uniforms one bit....

This is still one of my 5 favorite shows of 2009.

Thank you Troopers! It was a huge effort to get here. Management, alums, staff, volunteers and supporters deserve a lot of credit for getting the corps to this place. Marching members, you deserve what you have now attained. Relish this evening. You deserve it.

Congratulations and thank you Casper!

I can honestly say I never thought that I would see Troopers back in top 12.

Whoever took charge of the corps over the last 3 years deserves to be named director of the year!!!!!!!

That would be Mr. Fred Morris!