DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

I hope not...while I really wanted them to lose to Crown, I would never boo any corps! Hearing that kind of reaction would have killed my spirits when I was marching...

I too would never boo a corps, but I suspect the booing here was not for BD, instead it was for the Judges, or Judging. Just an opinion of course.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to BD. I didn't know you could score a 99.05 without playing for a full two minutes in a show. Just a thought.

synths are music too :tongue:

I never said they had to lower there standards or that they were won inentionally,

I just Honestly don't think that show is a 99+ show, very few shows are,

But i do honestly mean the congratulations to both BD organizations for what they did, They have an amazing group of people over there..

I just don't think there show is a 99+ show, I'm sorry, i don't

Have everyone flame me and have all the bd homers tear me apart, but that's just my opinion

100% agree with you. I have seen some BD shows that were 99+ shows, this was not one of them. However, the judges never called to get my opinion, so...

pretty soon I can see this rumor blossoming into...I heard that everyone walked out when the score was

announced...(which is semi-true because the majority of the show was over...but not because of BD).

You'll probably see a lot of ridicules 'rumors' over the next 24 hrs...

I was listening on my kid's phone and all I heard was applause.

Cali.

Came straight from someone who marched Teal Sound, I dunno. :tongue:

Congrats to BD. I didn't know you could score a 99.05 without playing for a full two minutes in a show. Just a thought.

Actually the hornline only plays for about 7 minutes of the show.....inlcuding solos.

I don't see how any show could score that high. I don't personally think that anyone could come that close to perfection, especially at the ages these players are. I don't doubt that they are amazing, and I'll give props where they're due, but I don't think that anyone deserves that kind of a score. Second highest in DCI history if memory serves...

BD rules drum corps. Of course they have for over thirty years now.

not so sure about that, bd might have 13 golds to cadets 9 but i do believe that cadets are the most decorated corp to date

Cadets beat Crown in GE and Visual. Pipitone destroyed Cadets in percussion though. wow.

Yeah looks like Pipitone enacted his revenge on teh Cadets after getting his ### kicked too many times in the 80's... Don't buy it for a minute.

http://www.gcisd.net/~asa.burk/web/JJ%20Pipitone