DCI World Class 2009 Finals Thread

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my only complaint on the scores is that they are too high, if dci was next weekent would we have 6 corps over 95, somewhere along the line it seems that the winning corps has to have a 97-99 to win but in short seasons it stands to reason that a corps might only be at a 90-92 level to win.... I think the scores being so high today somewhat tarnishes the great shows that won DCI with only high 80's to low 90's as being "Bottom 6 corps) today

HNC 8th in perc tech. If that had even been 5th place based on scoring, Cadets would have been in 2nd. HNC took both GE and Visual over CC.

Not really... the score is then divied by 2 . I admint Cadets got hosed on Perc tonight though. They should have ended about .5 higher than they did.

every corps tonight went down in scoring but BD, they went up 0 .65

And that is exactly what I find hard to accept, that 11 of 12 corps would drop from the previous nights score and only one would go up, and go that much too. Sounds a bit fishy to me, but what do I know, I am just a fan! If BD had won but dropped like everyone else, then maybe, but to be the only one to go up?

But Congrats to CROWN! Their best placement ever, and now on to next year and top place!!!

Congrtas to BD and BDB!

But even more to SCV!

YOU ARE MY CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR!!!

Thank you for giving me chills again! Thank you for bringing tears to these eyes and a lump in my throat again! But most of all... thank you for just being Santa Clara Vanguard!

QFT

Congrats Blue Devils and all the corps that competed this season. Best shows I've seen in a while from a few corps. See you all next year. Hope it's even more competitive.

and dci.org crashed again. Alot of good stuff on #dci on twitter, that was the only one that wasn't clogged before and where I got the scores.

Edited by ctbonesfan

This is a bunch of bull ####. I'm listening to ###### rap and there is a stupid light show for the corps coming on. With fog machines... Get your act together DCI. I would rather here the marine corps then this.

If this has already been said, I will apologize now for being redundant, but I am having time-out issues trying to keep the forum loaded tonight...lots of folks on and that is a good thing.

With that being said, wouldn't it be great if they had let the Open Class Champs perform during this time, right before the awards, rather than first on the docket for WC finals. This would be a prime time since the staduim has a the most attendance towards the end. I mean, I love the fact that they get to perform exhibition at WC Finals and wouldn't want that to change, but performing for a huge audience would be the cherry on the top of an incredible season for an Open Class corps. JUst my two cents worth.

Also:

Congrats to all the corps for providing a most exciting drum corps season.

and

Congratulations to the whole Blue Devils organization for their two gold medals today. What an accomplishment!

Congrats bd happy for ya both a and b . way to go crown you are for real . hope to see crown win a title now that you have broke into the top three. what a season it has been.