An Open Letter to Santa Clara Vanguard

Of all of the shows this year, Santa Clara's will be the one I watch over and over again. Easily 5x more than any of the other shows. The end of the show stirs my love of what drum corps used to be into a torrential maelstrom, and leaves me absolutely praying that other corps will pick up Santa Clara's gauntlet...

SCVFTW!!!

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

disappointed with the score tonight...

but I am seriously writing a thank you letter to the Vanguard organization tomorrow. Thank you Vanguard!

ya know...some of the greatest moments in DCI didnt win, but are legend.

that push at the end is now in this group. first non death scene moment in DCI to get me off my ### since the Zpull in 2000 while the corps still played

So proud of you SCV. I just can't wait for the next few years. The best of the best to you! :tongue:

Vanguard you had me at hello...

I was never so proud then to see a new group of kids bring so much joy to the drum corps world. Only Santa Clara has that way of doing that and we are all very proud of you. The scores mean nothing - Gail always said it best to the audience - ENJOY!!!

:tongue:

Edited by amadorj

ya know...some of the greatest moments in DCI didnt win, but are legend.

Agreed. Think back to all the famous Madison moments from the 90's. Just about all of those came from 5th place shows.

I said this in the Finals thread but I just wanted to say it again here:

Thank you for giving me chills again! Thank you for bringing tears to these eyes and a lump in my throat again! Thank you for reminding me what what drum corps was and can be. Thank you for exhibiting class that just pours out every time I see you. But most of all...

Thank you for just being Santa Clara Vanguard!

YOU ARE MY CHAMPIONS THIS YEAR!!!

Well said. Just a very classy production from them this year. I really enjoyed them this year.