When you think 2009...

2009's most memorable story  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will you remember most about this year?

• Devils sum it all up - 13.
    • Crown medals - is beast of east
    • Holy Name makes old new again
    • Classic Vanguard - Classic drum corps.
    • Boston and Blue Stars vault Phantom finals week
    • Troopers ride into finals once again

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In this order:

SCV

Troopers

Crown

HNC

BD

Boston/Blue Stars

For me, it's The Troopers making it to finals. I was really impressed with their show this year. :tongue:

Then, Carolina Crown getting the silver medal! :tongue:

Which story, to you, defines the 2009 season?

'Hard to pick among those. But you seemed to have selected the right narratives as to how most of us will remember 2009.

I was also struck that this was an off year in general for the midwest Corps as a collective group. That said, I have little doubt that this was a one year aberration for mid west Corps and they'll be back strong next year and in the future.

Edited by BRASSO

Which story, to you, defines the 2009 season?

I think electronics defined the season. So many shows were fundamentally different than would have been the case last year, especially Boston, HNC, and BD. But for me, that's a negative thing.

Of the positive choices given, I'd have to go with Troopers, followed closely by Crown. That BD would win is never notable; they're almost always in the running. But it's been 23 years for Troop, and it's Crown's best finish ever, further cementing them into the top tier corps.

1) Crown medaling!!! Duh!

2) Troops back in finals!

3) Devils snag number 13

4) Boston and Blue Stars pushing Phantom aside on Finals

I agree with the poster who said that electronics is the real story of the season. I have always been and always weill be against all electronics in Drum Corps, but I think a lot of the corps used it pretty tastefully and, to be honest, it wasn't nearly the detriment that narration has been since day 1. All with the exception of Teal Sound - who demonstrated capably why electronics is such a bad idea.

Of the things listed, I'd go with Troopers and then SCV. But the big story for me was that, prior to Finals, I was 0-for-3 this year - all three shows that I could have made got rained out. Pretty much a washout of a summer until this fantastic last two days.