When you think 2009...

2009's most memorable story  

215 members have voted

1. 1. What will you remember most about this year?

• Devils sum it all up - 13.
    • Crown medals - is beast of east
    • Holy Name makes old new again
    • Classic Vanguard - Classic drum corps.
    • Boston and Blue Stars vault Phantom finals week
    • Troopers ride into finals once again

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Troop for sure. :tongue:

The Troopers making it back to the Finals after a 23 year absence has to warm the heart of many of it's alums as well as long time followers of Drum Corps.

While I feel for the Colts to have been nipped by the Troopers with the smallest of margins to be denied that last coveted Finals spot, this truly was a great moment for the Troopers who I'm sure worked very hard to get back like they did this year.

Obvious pick for me: TROOOOOOOP!!!!!

Second: SCV. Absolutely loved their show and while I'm sure they wish they had snagged that 4th spot, this particular show will be engraved in the hearts of many, many fans forever.

Third: Crown! Wow! Way to shake up the top!!!! I love seeing them push the envelop and really reach.

Fourth: HNC! what a great package of old and new. Congratulations on your 75th season! Yours will be great show to remember, and to play over and over again on my iPod! (along with many others)

Honorable mentions to Blue Stars for pushing their own envelop and putting out one great and competitive show; to Colts for a beautiful product that I will enjoy over and over as well; and to BD for taking home #13.

I'm sure there are other great stories out there that need to be mentioned. I'm just too tired to think any more. Must sleep.

troop being back in finals.

I'd have to say 2009 was the little sibling of 2008. Amazing year all by itself, but compared to last year, just another year. TO ME... I've never seen a top twelve like 2008.

GLASSMEN OUT OF 11th

Vanguard.

In this order:

Troopers returning

Vanguard's oh-so-memorable show

Crown becoming the NEW beast of the east

The rest

Santa Clara bringing back real drum corps! Forget the scores - I want the whole enchilada - goose bumps, thrills, and tears. They did it for me this year!

:tongue:

Edited by amadorj