Predictions for 2010?!

Sorry, just wanted to be "that guy" that first started this. :tongue:

So what do you think? Will Blue Devils continue with their WGI esque designs and continue to dominate?

Will Phantom go in a new direction with the visual program and bounce back to Top 5?

Will Cadets find their happy medium between cutting edge and fan friendly?

Will SCV build on their formula from this year and take it even further next year?

Will Crown learn from their mistakes and come out with a product that wins next year?

Will Cavaliers think "OK: time to change up our show designs a bit more?"

What do you think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

So what do you think? Will Blue Devils continue with their WGI esque designs and continue to dominate?

Will Phantom go in a new direction with the visual program and bounce back to Top 5?

Will SCV build on their formula from this year and take it even further next year?

Will Crown learn from their mistakes and come out with a product that wins next year?

What do you think?

Find out next on DCI's Field Pass!

"This is your Field Pass for May 16, 2010. I'm Dan Potter"

Worst thread ever. :tongue:

I will say this, though: electronics didn't suck near as much as I thought they would and narration usage was way, way down. That's a trend I'd like to see continue in 2010.

Now, back to your regularly scheduled wild speculation.

Heh.

I will say this, though: electronics didn't suck near as much as I thought they would and narration usage was way, way down. That's a trend I'd like to see continue in 2010.

I completely agree. I was against all forms of electronic instruments before this season, but some corps showed us that they can indeed be used tastefully. Others corps, on the other hand, confirmed our suspicions. Hopefully as corps get more and more comfortable with them they'll find their place within the ensemble sound and be used less like a shiny new toy that needs to be shown off, like what has happened with narration.

I think that hotels will be at a premium if gencon is held the same weekend as DCI in '10. I predict that there will be a shift in show writing to accomidate an indoor finals. I predict more belly aching about an indoor finals.

I'm done for now.

J.J. Pipitone deserves to be fired. He should never judge again under any circumstances. To take a corps that was in the top 3 in percussion and then change the entire placement single handed is an outrage. These judges and DCI need to know that the fans don't appreciate such dishonestly!!!!

Congradulations to the BD and CC for a great season. The Cadets were outstanding tonight and one judged denied them of 2nd place! Same on DCI for allowing this to happen!

What-ever.

What do you think?

2 Corps used large props on the field this year as an integral part of their show that members from various sections played on ( Blue Devils, Blue Stars )

While much of the talk has been on instumentation useage on DCP of late, in my opinion there will be at least a DOUBLING of the number of Corps in the top12 that will come out on the field next year with props and in which a combination of Brass, Percussion, Guard will perform with such props. Some Corps will have the members carry the props, some wont. But that's my prediction..... at least 4, and probably more, of the top 12 will use props on the field next year in their show.

If pressed and asked " which Corps ? ", I'll go out on a limb here and say a) The Cadets and b) Phantom Regiment,.... as two that will slow down the high velocity drills and utilize props in stationary positions at key moments of the show to highlight the brass, percussion playing. But who knows. We'll just have to wait and see.

Edited by BRASSO

Phantom will place wayy higher.

BD will not win.