Predictions for 2010?!

Sorry, just wanted to be "that guy" that first started this. :doh:

So what do you think? Will Blue Devils continue with their WGI esque designs and continue to dominate?

Will Phantom go in a new direction with the visual program and bounce back to Top 5?

Will Cadets find their happy medium between cutting edge and fan friendly?

Will SCV build on their formula from this year and take it even further next year?

Will Crown learn from their mistakes and come out with a product that wins next year?

Will Cavaliers think "OK: time to change up our show designs a bit more?"

What do you think?

I hope BD continues with their innovative show designs, but who will win next year is impossible to guess since we don't know what the show concepts are for next year. You can have a great corps with many returning members and still fall way short such as phantom this year

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Cadets win.

Vanguard second and fan favorite.

Crown in third - second straight Ott.

Devils fourth - 'what goes up...'

Blue Stars fifth. Why not?

Regiment sixth. Visual starts to come together.

Cavies seventh. DCP explodes.

The rest I leave to your imaginations, because I don't want to be blamed for a corps falling out of finals.

:doh:

BD what goes up can stay up as they have proven over the past 32 or so years

Blue Stars have made big steps up every year since 04 (regardless of placement, every show was clearly better than the year before). Expect the same.

You really don't like BK do you? Not even in the top 12?

I saw a couple more things in that list way more ridiculous than that.

1. The same percussion judge was used at Semi's and Finals. When was the last time that's happened (same judge, same caption both Semi's and Finals)? I don't follow that stuff that much, but I can't ever recall that happening.

2. The same percussion judge that put Cadets 3rd to Crown in percussion by .2 at Semi's put them 7th in percussion at Finals with a spread of 1.1. That is a CRAZY spread from one night to the next with the same judge. I can't imagine who much Cadets could've blown their run tonight for their swing/spread to Crown to open up that much. Again, none of us have any clue what was heard on the field tonight, and it's possible Cadets puked all over themselves Finals night and deserved the much larger spread tonight. But it's definitely odd that at Finals, a corps as consistent and good as Cadets had that big of a blow up. Maybe someone who was there could let us know if there was some big ensemble tear or something.

3. In 2006 the same perc. judge from tonight put a HUGE spread on Phantom over Cavaliers, almost turning those placements around.

4. In 2008 the same perc. judge put a huge spread between Phantom and Devs, and conspiracy buffs could argue that the huge percussion spread turned the placements around.

that just amazes me, fall or not with a record like that how is this same person judging semis/finals? What is their musical/percussion/judging experience?

that just amazes me, fall or not with a record like that how is this same person judging semis/finals? What is their musical/percussion/judging experience?

What is yours?

The top 6 all had fabulous shows, some cleaner, some more visual, some more emotional than others.

If the Blue Devils had not consistently been on top and undefeated going into the finals, I would have been fine with any of the top 6 shows winning tonight.

If your argument was about the difference between 2nd and 1st, I'd have more sympathy for your cause. Any idea how hungry the cadets will be next year, I could see it in both the Blue Devils organizations all year.

What is yours?

The top 6 all had fabulous shows, some cleaner, some more visual, some more emotional than others.

If the Blue Devils had not consistently been on top and undefeated going into the finals, I would have been fine with any of the top 6 shows winning tonight.

If your argument was about the difference between 2nd and 1st, I'd have more sympathy for your cause. Any idea how hungry the cadets will be next year, I could see it in both the Blue Devils organizations all year.

That was not meant to be a challenge it was a literal question what his experience was. I'm a brass player I know nearly nothing of drums nor was I there tonight but what perc2100 posted seems SLIGHTLY suspicious and I was curious as to what experience this judge has.

Edited by Abbevillekid26

Just trying to remind us all - we are desk judges - we see a bunch of numbers and see the spread and then make knee jerk actions based on lack of information or wrong information.

Like the same judge did semis and finals...

Finals - Percussion J.J. Pipitone

Semis - Percussion Jeff Prosperie

Qtrs - Percussion Steve Ulicny

Reverse the situation, say it was a brass player instead of a percussion person.

the brass judge saw 3 corps come on and their brass lines look awesome then on comes the cadets who were also very good but a brass player did slip and it took a few steps for him to get back in sync. As a judge do they deserve a better score than the 3 corpse that came before them?

I think its rather easy for him to write a score not as good as the other 3 corps he's just seen, then Crown and Blue Devils come on and extend the scores making it look even worse.