Predictions for 2010?!

That would be me. No sour grapes at all. And I'll feel this way until the GE caption makes sense (which will probably be never). haha

The best way to determine that, though, is whether it ever has made sense. We as fans typically judge a show on its accessibility and entertainment to us as individuals but that is not the criteria on the sheets.

Tell me a time when the GE caption did make complete sense AND list out all the criteria on the sheets (in other words don't just point to years where you agreed with the results) and explain how that criteria is clearer (and better) than what is in place now.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In reply to the percussion judging conspiracy:

DCI is now using digital voice recorders for the judges, and I am sure that if there were even a hint of inpropriety, the recordings (which are saved) will be analyzed.

That being said, that was a nasty fall, and it took him a good 2-3 sets to even get back into the form/line. How long it took him to get back into the full show probably only him and JJ Pipitone knows.

I fell during a big show once, but I am a measly little lead soprano. I can't imagine falling with a snare on and trying to get back in, especially with the drill and velocity of which that the Cadets were doing.

I wouldn't be too quick to propose conspiracy against JJ Pipitone.

I predict more movement up for Glassmen. since they were finally able to crack the 11th place barrier.

I predict that the moniker "Glass Place" for 11th will forever be forgotten.

I predict Colts back in finals. With all due respect to Troopers (of which I have a lot) if the season were one week longer, Colts would possibly gone past them at semis.

I predict even greater things from Vanguard, (what a beautiful show this season.)

I predict that Crown will be the next new champion. Maybe not in 2010 but surely in at least the next 3 seasons.

I'd say averaging between 3-4 full standing ovations at a show is pretty #### fan friendly.

I stood up 6 times for them at Finals.

That's the most I've stood up for them since 2002 combined.

Wow. A whole "predictions" thread and no one has said "I predict the corps with the highest score will win." This must be a first.

I stood up 6 times for them at Finals.

That's the most I've stood up for them since 2002 combined.

A friend of mine in the stands who generally doesn't care for the Cadets said that the crowd responded VERY well to the show.

Taking their cue from this years results corps will ditch their current visual programs and perform stand-still concerts. Judges will go wild while crowds go mild. National un-employment will continue to rise as former show co-ordinators, drill designers and instructors join those without jobs. You heard it here first. :tongue:

J.J. Pipitone deserves to be fired. He should never judge again under any circumstances. To take a corps that was in the top 3 in percussion and then change the entire placement single handed is an outrage. These judges and DCI need to know that the fans don't appreciate such dishonestly!!!!

Congradulations to the BD and CC for a great season. The Cadets were outstanding tonight and one judged denied them of 2nd place! Same on DCI for allowing this to happen!

If you can't even spell "congratulations" you should not whine and moan about percussion placements.

From what I understand, Cadets had a rough run last night....so what you are saying is...you want preferential treatment because they are the Cadets, and we should not judge based off of the night's performance, but rather off of the marquee name presented to us, right?

You deserve to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Into the sun.

Edit: I just read that one of the Cadets' snares fell during the performance.

Well, maybe it's just me, but I think this would affect performance...don't you?

Edited by Threats

I predict that there will be a great deal of hateful posting against whichever corps wins...most likely by people with their favorite corps' name in their screennames.

I predict that some corps will definitely "get screwed" by the judges, and people on here will be all to happy to say so.

I predict that at least one person will say that he/she has no confidence in DCI judging anymore because they don't agree with the final scores.

I predict that somebody will pronounce a clearly non-championship calibre show "the hardest show ever."

I predict at least 3 threads that will sound something like this: "Is cleanliness really an effect"?

I predict record numbers of sour grapes in general next year.

And I predict that between August 9th, 2009 and August 6th of 2010, that we will have over 6,000 predictions of one sort or another